The Polish mobile market had high subscriptions density of 147.4% in 2016, and this is expected to reach 164.0% in 2021. Despite high penetration levels, the total number of mobile subscriptions grew with a CAGR of 1.7% during 2012-2016 to reach 56.5 million, and is expected to grow at CAGR of 2.1% over 2016-2021. Total telecom revenue declined at a CAGR of -6.6% during 2012-2016. However, due to the popularity of smartphones, technological innovations, increased data usage for content and information purposes, and cloud and OTT services mobile revenue is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2.8% over 2016-2021.
Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
Polish government has ambitious plans for broadband
The implementation of the National Broadband Plan by the Polish Government aims to have 100.0% coverage across the country by 2020, which will enable households and companies to access the internet with a minimum speed of 30 Mbps. Furthermore, funding by the European Union, along with collaborations of Alcatel-Lucent and the government to extend services to underserved areas, will strengthen the fixed network across the country.
Poland’s telecommunication industry full of innovation
The mobile payments company Fortumo and the mobile operator group Orange announced a direct carrier billing partnership, covering 29 markets in which Orange operates. This will enable 16 million Orange Poland customers to make payments of online purchases added to their mobile phone bill.
NETIA, in association with BroadSoft, offers a comprehensive solution for integrated communication for its business customers. The feature, called ‘New Netia’, offers a broad range of telephony and unified communication services, including instant messaging, video calling, file sharing, and other cloud based solutions using BroadSoft UC-One software. Orange Poland and Amdocs collaborated on the ECOMP (Enhanced Control, Orchestration, Management & Policy) software platform. The project, with Amdocs as the technology integrator, will address the problems of high demand for network capacity, transforming the current infrastructures to models based on cloud computing, progress towards 5G services, and network function virtualization.
Partnerships in Poland increase mobile subscriptions
Total number of mobile subscriptions that was 53 million in 2012 grew at a CAGR of a of a of 1.7% for 2012-2016 to reach 56.5 million in 2016. Adoption of new technologies such as the distribution of high frequencies by UKE, carrier billing partnership between Orange and Fortumo, and the collaboration of Orange Poland and Amdocs on the ECOMP platform, have led to an increase in mobile subscriptions in Poland.
- Risk/Reward Index - enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Polish Telecommunications market in comparison with other European countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends driving market performance in the Polish Telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Polish Telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Polish telecommunications market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape - Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Polish Telecommunications market by business segment on metrics such as such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
- How will the breakdown for mobile connection technologies look by 2021?
- What government initiatives are in place to develop the telecommunications market in Poland?
- What threats do new entrants have to face in Poland’s telecommunication market?
- What are the Polish Telecommunications industry’s Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?