Telenor ASA (Telenor) is a provider of telecommunications services across Europe and Asia. The company's primary segments include mobile, fixed line, and broadcasting activities. Its subsidiaries include Grameenphone in Bangladesh, dtac in Thailand and DiGi in Malaysia. As well as mobile and fixed line services, it also offers satellite services, terrestrial radio, TV transmission services, and equipment such as mobile devices. The company aims to become a favourite partner of its customers by offering a range of digital products, improve its efficiency and implement advanced infrastructure.
Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore, the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
Telenor is a leading telecommunications provider in Norway
The company has a robust presence in the Norwegian mobile services market, accounting for 58% of market share in 2016. The company’s focus on offering innovative services has allowed it to maintain its dominance in the market. For instance, in February 2017, Telenor entered into an agreement with Huawei to offer a fifth-generation mobile network (5G) in Norway.
Strong research and development enables the company to offer effective services
The company’s research and development (R&D) activities focus on innovations in customer facing processes and customer data analytics, business models, new services and future technologies. In FY2016, the company spent US$333 million on innovation in new infrastructure, services, and processes. Of this, it invested US$71.4 million on R&D. Its strong expertise in R&D has enabled Telenor to develop competences in areas such as customer insight, organizational models, data analytics, machine learning, and digital services.
Telenor’s advancements towards 5G will enhance its services
Telenor has a robust focus on implementing 5G technologies that will enable it to accelerate data speeds, thereby improving customer satisfaction. Telenor Group and Huawei Technologies launched the first 5G based E-band multi-user MIMO demo in Norway. The maximum speed reached was 70Gbps. The E-band multi-user MIMO can offer more than 20Gbps speed rate for a single user. This initiative will also help to identify the necessary update steps from 4G to 5G technology in the company’s network.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of Telenor in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Telenor’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Understand Telenor’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
- Key Developments - Showcase Telenor’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- What is the Telenor’s market share in its key markets in the Scandinavian region, Central and Eastern Europe, and Asia?
- How has Telenor performed since 2012 in terms of ARPS, Customer Churn, and MOU?
- Telenor’s aim to expand into new verticals by pursuing strategic initiatives will be accomplished how?
- How does Telenor’s performance compare to competitors such as TeliaSonera, T-Mobile, Vodafone, 3 and Airtel?
- What opportunities and threats does Telenor face in both the fixed and mobile markets?