Switzerland has a robust and mature telecom market, though due to high penetration levels, it is threatened with little opportunity for growth. Along with more detailed information on the potential for growth, this report offers an analysis of the Swiss telecommunication market, exploring key areas such as the current and forecast trends for both revenue and subscriptions, technological innovations and the key financial deals made in recent years, among much more.
Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
Digital Switzerland Strategy will fuel internet adoption
The government's Digital Switzerland Strategy aims to achieve the strategic goals of digitization set by the Federal Administration. One of the key goals is the provision of high-speed broadband across all municipalities. The strategy also aims to create secure cyberspace through capacity-building programs to implement global regulations. This will increase customer confidence.
Declining mobile revenues are set to recover
There was a fall in mobile telecom revenue during 2015-2016. However, it will regain momentum as mobile service revenue is expected to grow from US$6,269.9 million in 2016 to US$6,658.8 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 1.2%. With mobile subscription growth largely unchanged, the upturn will be a result of an increase in ARPS, driven by data usage and voice MOU.
High termination rates will enhance overheads
European Union (EU) regulations do not apply to operators in Switzerland; as such, operators in the EU have increased termination rates for voice traffic originating in Switzerland, forcing Swiss operators to pay higher charges. Although negotiations for a resolution are ongoing, these charges may have a material effect on the industry if negotiations fail or a court rules in favor of the EU operators.
- Risk/Reward Index - enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Swiss telecommunications market in comparison with other European countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics, including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS, are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends that drive market performance in the Swiss telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investments in the Swiss telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Swiss telecommunications market is performing compared to the regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape - Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Swiss telecommunications market through the business segment on metrics such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
- In terms of revenues, subscribers, ARPU, and customer churn, what is the market performance?
- What governmental initiatives have been introduced, and how will they support the Swiss telecom market?
- An overview of the key developments of the market and their purpose?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Swiss telecom market; what are the opportunities and challenges that it faces?
- How has the competitive landscape changed over the review period, and who are the key players in the market?
- What are the prospects for LTE technology over the forecast period compared to other technologies?
- What are the primary drivers of the market, in regards to the voice, data, prepaid, postpaid, broadband, and IPTV segments?
- How has the financial deals landscape changed over 2015 to 2016?