Berne metropolitan region consists of Berne canton, which is one of the 26 cantons in Switzerland. The canton covers a total area of 5,840km2 and consists of 10 administrative districts. The region was home to 1.02 million people and accounts for 12.2% of the Switzerland’s total GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Bern” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bern. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Bern is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism