SK Telecom Co., Ltd (SK Telekom) is a leading wireless telecommunications provider in South Korea, where most of its revenues are generated from mobiles services. It also provides fixed-line and e-commerce services, among others. SK plans to maintain its leadership position in wireless services by providing differentiated value-added products, developing next generation businesses and expanding its e-commerce business on a global scale.
Premium company strategy reports provide in-depth coverage of the performance and strategies of the world’s leading telecommunication companies. The reports detail company operations in key geographies as well as comprehensive analysis of each company’s growth strategy and financial performance. Furthermore, the reports allow benchmarking company performance through the provision of key performance indicators including: subscriber volumes, subscriber churn, ARPU, and MoU.
SK Telekom holds a dominant position in the South Korean telecommunications market
In FY2016, the company reported 29.6 million subscribers, representing a market share of 48.0%. Its wireless voice and data transmission services are offered through its infrastructure networks and is accessible by over 99.0% of the Korean population. The company is also leading in terms of revenues. It reported services revenues of US$8,922.0 million in 2016 as compared to KT’s US$6,697.2 million.
Increasing initiatives in IPTV are expected to drive its revenue stream
The industry will benefit from an increase in IPTV demand in South Korea, which displayed a significant subscription growth at 30.6% CAGR for 2012-16 from US$ 700.0 million in 2012 to US$2,000.0 million in 2016. This value is expected to increase further at 8.5% CAGR during 2016-21 to reach US$3,100.0 million. SK Broadband’s IPTV market has enhanced its competitiveness. The company is expanding its base for business as a media platform company by using stronger content and mobile competitiveness.
SK Telekom’s “T phone” is boosting subscriptions
SK Telekom has launched “T phone”, which provides its customers with several convenient call functions, including a function to block spam calls. It also features a function called “T114” that informs customers of the phone numbers of stores, hospitals and other facilities closest in proximity to the customer’s current location. The number of subscribers to the T phone service accounted for 34% of the company’s total subscriptions in 2016 as compared to 27.0% in 2015.
- Company Snapshot - Details key indicators and rankings of SK Telekom in terms of Subscribers, Revenue, and Market Share in the company’s key markets.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines SK Telekom’s Strengths and Weaknesses, and weigh Opportunities and Threats facing the company.
- Growth Strategies - Understand SK Telekom’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluate their outcomes.
- Company Performance and Competitive Landscape - Analyze the company’s performance by business segment compared to other players across key markets on metrics such as such as Revenues, Customer Churn, MoU, and Subscribers.
- Key Developments - Showcase SK Telekom’s significant recent corporate events, changes, or product initiatives.
- How does SK Telekom rank among Indonesian and global telecommunication service providers?
- How has the company performed over 2012-2016 when it comes to MOU, Customer Churn, Subscriber and Revenue growth, and ARPS?
- What are SK Telekom’s main aims and objectives and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What deals has SK Telekom been involved in over the forecast period and what were the benefits?
- How has SK Telekom performed in comparison to its main competitors KT and KG U+?