What You’ll Learn From This Report
Our analysis shows that China will enjoy strong growth in digital gamers and games revenue in the next 5 years, to reach $35 billion USD in domestic revenue by 2021. With 600 million gamers (nearly 2x the population of the US), the Chinese games market is the single-most important market in the world for PC online and mobile games. The report explains our analysis on where that growth will come from, which segments are hot now and growing, and what the impact on the holistic games industry will be.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2021 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, behavior, and usage for PC online, mobile and TV-based games
- Trends analysis that formed our market size and forecast data
- Market share estimates for game publishers and Top 10 games lists
- Analysis of our proprietary survey of 1,000 Chinese gamers regarding gaming behavior, demands, spending and more
- 67-slides with more than 50 data exhibits
Key Takeaways From The Analysis:
- China’s games market is projected to grow from $26 billion in 2017 to $35 billion in domestic revenue by 2021.
- Mobile games revenue is the fastest growing segment and is projected to overtake PC online games in 2018, making up 58% of total games revenue in 2021.
- PC online games will grow by a very modest 1.5% compounded annual growth rate through 2021, but there is major movement within the category between genres with MMORPGs in decline and MOBA and FPS in ascent.
- TV-based games revenue (excluding grey market consoles) will only account for 1.2% the market by 2021, with PlayStation currently leading the console wars by a large margin. We expect an increase in sales of grey market consoles as the global launch of new consoles occurs prior to the official entry into China.
- 44% of the Chinese population in 2017 plays games, growing to 54% of the population, and almost 90% of all internet users, in 2021.
- Esports is a driver of demand for PC and mobile games, and is also a driver in the uptick of use of Internet cafes to play PC games.
How Do Topic Reports Work With This Report?
Topic Reports are companion reports to the China Digital Games Market Data Report which covers market sizing, 5-year forecasts, and gamer data from our proprietary survey. Each Topic Report holds deeper analysis of a specific topic, allowing you to purchase only those Topic Reports that are relevant to your business.
Companies that buy the Data report plus all 5 Topic Reports receive 5 hours of consulting time.
2017 Topic Reports Include:
1. PC Online Games
2. Mobile Games
3. TV-Based Games
4. Esports (including I-cafes)
5. Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
2. Executive Summary
3. China’s PC Online Games Market
4. China’s Mobile Games Market
5. China’s TV Games Market
6. Gamers Overview
7. Online Game Rankings and Lists
8. Glossary & Background Data