The report "Service Station Retailing in Italy 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Italian service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from the author’s service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes (2012 to 2022e) and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites.
Agip (Eni) has the largest service station network, at 4,396 sites, amounting to 22.8% of the national network. In 2016, three of the top five fuel retailers, divested service stations from their networks The top five fuel retailers -Agip (Eni), Q8, Esso, TotalERG and API (API-IP) accounted for 89.0% of service stations in Italy in 2016.
As of 2016, 38.0% of service stations in Italy featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop decreased by 3.2% about 7,313 sites. The top five fuel retailers in Italy accounted for 92.5% of the number of service station shops in the country. Agip (Eni) is the leading player in the service station shop market, with 96.8% of its 4,396 sites featuring a shop. 58.2% of all service station sites with a shop are Agip (Eni) branded.
Total number of service stations with a car wash in Italy decreased by 2.4% about 3,141 sites. API (API-IP) has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 1,008 sites, amounting to 32.1% of the national network. Of the top five players, Q8 was the only top five retailers that increased the number of sites with a car wash in its network in 2016.
Companies mentioned in this report: Eni, TotalERG, API, Esso, Tamoil.
- Total fuel consumption in Italy decreased by 0.5% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- The top five fuel retailers -Agip (Eni), Q8, Esso, TotalERG and API (API-IP) accounted for 89.0% of service stations in Italy in 2016.
- The total number of service stations with a shop decreased by 3.2% to 7,313 sites. The total number of service stations with a car wash in Italy decreased by 2.4% to 3,141 sites.
- Identify who are the top five players in Italy and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as incresing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Car Wash Network