The report "Service Station Retailing in Belgium 2017", provides an executive-level overview of the Belgian service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes (2012 to 2022e) and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites.
The total number of service stations in Belgium marginally grew by 0.4% to 3,400 sites in 2016. TOTAL has the largest service station network, at 530 sites, amounting to 15.6% of the national network. In 2016, three of the top five fuel retailers, Esso, Q8 and TOTAL all expand their service station networks the top five fuel retailers -TOTAL, Shell, Q8, Esso and Texaco accounted for 50.8% of service stations in Belgium in 2016.
As of 2016, 66.4% of service stations in Belgium featured a shop. The total numbers of service stations with a shop increased by 1.3% of 2,259 sites to 56.2% of all sites with a shop are operated by the top five fuel retail brands in Belgium. TOTAL is the leading player in the service station shop market, with 93.8% of its 530 sites featuring a shop. 22.0% of all service station sites with a shop are TOTAL branded.
11.6% of service stations in Belgium feature a car wash. The total numbers of service stations with a car wash in Belgium increased by 1.3% to 395 sites. TOTAL has the largest number of service stations with a car wash in the country, at 114 sites, amounting to 28.9% of the national network. Of the top five players,, Shell was the only top five retailer that divested sites with a car wash at its network in 2016. All of the top five players in the Belgian market have car wash installations within their network in Belgium.
Companies mentioned in this report: TOTAL, Shell, Texaco( Delek), Q8, Esso.
- Total fuel consumption in Belgium increased by 3.4% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- TOTAL has the largest service station network, at 530 sites, amounting to 15.6% of the national network.
- The top five retailers in Belgium made up 56.2% of service station shop sites in 2016, with TOTAL representing 22.0% of all sites. 11.6% of service stations in Belgium feature a car wash.
- Identify who are the top five players in Belgium and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as incresing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Car Wash Network