Consumers are leading more demanding lifestyles, which are draining energy levels and driving the need to relax and rejuvenate. Conscious of the negative health implications of an imbalanced lifestyle, many concerned consumers are paying greater attention to their emotional wellbeing and quality of life, highlighting a more sophisticated outlook towards managing personal health.
Vitality & Balance falls under the Health & Wellness mega-trend and the trend itself aligns with many others, including Wellbeing, Moderation & Avoidance, Efficient & Effective, and Fresh, Natural & Pure. The importance of Vitality & Balance extends across almost every FMCG sector, particularly within the food, personal care, and non-alcoholic drink sectors as consumers increasingly adopt a more holistic approach to managing their diets and appearance. Producers need to make sure they adapt their strategies to appeal to relaxation-seeking consumers.
Intensification of time scarcity and work pressures are leading to increasing stress levels. Consumers are becoming more aware of the negative health implications of stress and are seeking ways to ensure a better balance in their lifestyles. Longer working hours and later retirement are shrinking consumer downtime, disrupting sleep, and fueling stress. The boundaries between work and private lives have blurred, associated with the uptake of mobile technologies that can create the impression that work is never finished.
The report "TrendSights Analysis: Vitality & Balance", covers what the trend is, why it is important, who is most influenced by it, and how brands and manufacturers can capitalize. The research concludes by identifying where the trend is heading next and how long it will last.
Trend drivers include in this report:
- Busy lifestyles: Consumers feel that they are living increasingly hectic lifestyles, with heavy demands on their daily schedules.
- Financial uncertainty: Mounting debts and concerns about job security are an ongoing source of stress for many consumers.
- Rising health awareness: Consumers are increasingly looking for products that improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
- 75% of global consumers are concerned about stress, with the same amount feeling the same about tiredness/fatigue.
- 89% of global consumers consider rest and relaxation either very important or important in creating a feeling of wellbeing or wellness.
- 86% of global consumers think reducing stress can be effective in making you look younger.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
What is Vitality & Balance?
Why is Vitality & Balance important?
Who is driving Vitality & Balance
How can Vitality & Balance be capitalized on?
What next in Vitality & Balance?