There is substantial potential for energy efficiency improvements and further penetration of renewables in the tourism sector, provided that appropriate policies are implemented. The accelerated deployment of renewable energy along with the shift of thermal generation to natural gas is estimated to lower generation cost to EUR 83-92 per megawatt-hour (MWh) by 2030. Costs in 2013 were around EUR 130/MWh, based primarily on heavy fuel oil and diesel generation.
The country’s main strategy to meet the growing need of power is to reduce the energy dependency by increasing the energy efficiency and increased use of renewable resources.
- Snapshot of the country’s renewable and solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector across parameters - country overview, current power and solar photovoltaic (PV) power market status, electricity market structure, key issues, future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand, and way forward.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual installed solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation capacity of from 2012 to 2017.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual revenue of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants from 2012 to 2017.
- Break-up by power generation technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable (incl. solar PV) and nuclear
- Data on key issues witnessed in the Cyprus solar photovoltaic (PV) sector.
- Information on future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand.
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development opportunities
1.1 Research Methodology
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 CYPRUS SOLAR PV POWER MARKET IN 2017
3.1 Country Overview
3.2 Current Status of Solar PV Power Market in Cyprus
3.3 Key Issues
3.4 Investment Trends and Development Roadmap to Meat Increasing Power Demand
3.5 Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.6 Annual Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.7 Support Schemes
4 CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5 LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
Chart 1: Solar Resource Map of Cyprus
Chart 2 Share of Solar PV Power from Total Installed Power Generation Capacity in Cyprus in 2016
Chart 3: Cyprus Total Annual Electricity Consumption (in TWh) 2000 ÷ 2016
Chart 4: Cyprus Power Generation Capacity Breakdown by Source (Fuel) Type in 2016 (incl. Renewables)
Chart 5: Structure of Electricity Power Market in Cyprus
Chart 6: Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Cyprus (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 7: Cumulative (CAGR) Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Cyprus (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 8: Annual Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Cyprus (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 9: Annual Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Cyprus (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast