The population was 17.80 million and the current gross domestic product (GDP) was $133.6 billion as of 2016. Kazakhstan renewable power market value, which was USD XXX billion in 2016, is expected to grow to USD XXX billion in 2017, at a CAGR of XXX percent. Kazakhstan adopted the Green Energy Concept in 2013, derived from the country’s declared course for long-term economic development under the Kazakhstan 2050 Strategy, launched in December 2011. It sets an ambitious target for reaching 50% of alternative and renewable energy in the country’s energy mix by 2050 by phasing out ageing infrastructure, increasing the use of alternative fuels and installing efficient and environmentally sound energy technologies.
Kazakhstan is also considering the installation of additional nuclear generation capacity in a bid to meet growing energy demand and targets for developing a green economy. The government has also approved the comprehensive Strategic Development Plan to 2020, which aims at sustained economic growth by accelerated diversification through industrialisation and infrastructure development. The government’s goal is to position itself amongst the top 30 global economies by 2050.
The country’s main strategy to meet the growing need of power is to reduce the energy dependency by increasing the energy efficiency, increased use of renewable resources, natural gas, nuclear sources, and connecting to power infrastructure of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS).
- Snapshot of the country’s renewable power sector across parameters - country overview, current power and renewable power market status, electricity market structure, key issues, future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand, and way forward.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual installed renewable power generation capacity of from 2012 to 2017.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual revenue of renewable power plants from 2012 to 2017.
- Break-up by power generation technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable and nuclear
- Data on key issues witnessed in the Kazakhstan renewable power sector.
- Information on future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand.
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s renewable power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development opportunities
1.1 Research Methodology
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 KAZAKHSTAN RENEWABLE POWER MARKET IN 2017
3.1 Country Overview
3.2 Current Status of Renewable Power Market in Kazakhstan
3.3 Key Issues
3.4 Investment Trends and Development Roadmap to Meat Increasing Power Demand
3.5 Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Revenue
3.6 Annual Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Revenue
3.7 Support Schemes
4 CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5 LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
Chart 1: Share of Renewable Power (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) from Total Installed Power Generation Capacity in Kazakhstan in 2016
Chart 2: Kazakhstan Total Annual Electricity Consumption (in TWh) 2000 ÷ 2016
Chart 3: Kazakhstan Power Generation Capacity Breakdown by Source (Fuel) Type in 2016 (incl. Renewables)
Chart 4: Structure of Electricity Power Market in Kazakhstan
Chart 5: Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Renewable Power Capacity (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Kazakhstan (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 6: Cumulative (CAGR) Revenue of Renewable Power Plants (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Kazakhstan (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 7: Annual Installed Renewable Power Capacity (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Kazakhstan (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 8: Annual Revenue of Renewable Power Plants (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Kazakhstan (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast