The population of Kosovo was 1.82 million and the current gross domestic product (GDP) was $6.65 billion as of 2016. Kosovo solar photovoltaic (PV) power market value, which was USD XXX million in 2016, is expected to grow to USD XXX million in 2017, at a CAGR of XXX percent. The annual radiation on a solar PV module directed towards south and with an optimum inclination of 35 degrees (calculated optimum inclination) varies between 1,550 kWh/m2/year and 1,650 kWh/m2/year in Kosovo. The variation between the various municipalities is less than 10 %. For design purpose it can be considered that the solar radiation is the same all over Kosovo and equal to 1,600 kWh/m2/year for an ideally located solar PV module.
Energy Strategy of the Republic of Kosovo 2013-2022 is the main document outlining energy policies and development objectives of the energy sector, in line with international standards on sustainable development, environmental protection and social wellbeing, which aims to maximize profits from the use of the country’s energy resources. It focuses on enhancing the security of supply in line with European standards and diversification of energy sources. This strategy aims to encourage rational use of energy and increased energy efficiency, utilization of renewable energy sources, introduction of new technologies, while respecting international standards of environmental protection and community care.
Ministry of Economic Development has adopted an Administrative Instruction on RES Targets by 2020. These targets are in line with the Decision of the Ministerial Council’s decision of the Energy Community (2012), and in line with the Administrative Instruction for Renewable Energy Sources, which aims to implement Directive 2009/28/EU. The country’s main strategy to meet the growing need of power is to reduce the energy dependency by increasing the energy efficiency, increased use of renewable resources, coal sources, and connecting to the European power infrastructure.
- Snapshot of the country’s renewable and solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector across parameters - country overview, current power and solar photovoltaic (PV) power market status, electricity market structure, key issues, future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand, and way forward.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual installed solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation capacity of from 2012 to 2017.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual revenue of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants from 2012 to 2017.
- Break-up by power generation technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable (incl. solar PV) and nuclear
- Data on key issues witnessed in the Kosovo solar photovoltaic (PV) sector.
- Information on future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand.
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development opportunities
1.1 Research Methodology
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 KOSOVO SOLAR PV POWER MARKET IN 2017
3.1 Country Overview
3.2 Current Status of Solar PV Power Market in Kosovo
3.3 Key Issues
3.4 Investment Trends and Development Roadmap to Meat Increasing Power Demand
3.5 Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.6 Annual Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.7 Support Schemes
4 CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5 LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
Chart 1: Solar Resource Map of Kosovo
Chart 2 Share of Solar PV Power from Total Installed Power Generation Capacity in Kosovo in 2016
Chart 3: Kosovo Total Annual Electricity Consumption (in TWh) 2000 ÷ 2016
Chart 4: Kosovo Power Generation Capacity Breakdown by Source (Fuel) Type in 2016 (incl. Renewables)
Chart 5: Structure of Electricity Power Market in Kosovo
Chart 6: Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Kosovo (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 7: Cumulative (CAGR) Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Kosovo (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 8: Annual Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Kosovo (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 9: Annual Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Kosovo (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast