The population of Moldova was 3.55 million and the current gross domestic product (GDP) was $6.75 billion as of 2016. Moldova solar photovoltaic (PV) power market value, which was USD XXX billion in 2016, is expected to grow to USD XXX billion in 2017, at a CAGR of XXX percent. Moldova is dependent on energy imports for over 95% of its consumption. The country offers an interesting potential for the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency: its energy intensity is around 3 times higher than in the EU and the use of renewable energy is still limited. There is no lack of solar radiation and most research demonstrates an average of 2,100 to 2,300 hours of sunshine per year in different parts of the Moldovan territory.
Moldova has a well-elaborated National Energy Strategy to 2030, updated in 2013. It also approved the the National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) 2013-2020 in the same year. Moldova is currently transposing the EU Acquis into its national legislation, as it prepares its integration into the European energy market as a member of the Energy Community Treaty. As a net energy importer, Moldova focuses on reducing import dependency by increasing generation. Moldova’s energy targets to 2020 are closely aligned to the requirements under the Energy Community Treaty. Moldova became a contracting party to the Energy Community Treaty in 2009, and it launched negotiations on a Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) with the European Union in 2012. In June 2014, Moldova signed the Association Agreement with the European Union.
The country’s main strategy to meet the growing need of power is to reduce the energy dependency by increasing the energy efficiency, increased use of renewable resources and connecting to the European power infrastructure and power infrastructure of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS).
- Snapshot of the country’s renewable and solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector across parameters - country overview, current power and solar photovoltaic (PV) power market status, electricity market structure, key issues, future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand, and way forward.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual installed solar photovoltaic (PV) power generation capacity of from 2012 to 2017.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual revenue of solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants from 2012 to 2017.
- Break-up by power generation technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable (incl. solar PV) and nuclear
- Data on key issues witnessed in the Moldova solar photovoltaic (PV) sector.
- Information on future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand.
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s solar photovoltaic (PV) power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development opportunities
1.1 Research Methodology
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 MOLDOVA SOLAR PV POWER MARKET IN 2017
3.1 Country Overview
3.2 Current Status of Solar PV Power Market in Moldova
3.3 Key Issues
3.4 Investment Trends and Development Roadmap to Meat Increasing Power Demand
3.5 Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.6 Annual Installed Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Capacity and Revenue
3.7 Support Schemes
4 CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5 LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
Chart 1: Solar Resource Map of Moldova
Chart 2 Share of Solar PV Power from Total Installed Power Generation Capacity in Moldova in 2016
Chart 3: Moldova Total Annual Electricity Consumption (in TWh) 2000 ÷ 2016
Chart 4: Moldova Power Generation Capacity Breakdown by Source (Fuel) Type in 2016 (incl. Renewables)
Chart 5: Structure of Electricity Power Market in Moldova
Chart 6: Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Moldova (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 7: Cumulative (CAGR) Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Moldova (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 8: Annual Installed Capacity of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Moldova (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 9: Annual Revenue of Photovoltaic (Solar PV) Power Plants in Moldova (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast