The population of Romania was 19.71 million and the current gross domestic product (GDP) was $186.69 billion as of 2016. Romania renewable power market value, which was USD XXX billion in 2016, is expected to grow to USD XXX billion in 2017, at a CAGR of XXX percent. The RES Support Scheme is a green certificate (“GCs”) support system un¬der which eligible producers of electricity from renewable energy sources (“RES-Electricity Producers”) receive a specific number of GCs, depending on the technology used, for each MW produced and delivered to the grid together with an obligation imposed on the electricity suppliers and certain producers to purchase a mandatory quota of GCs. GCs can be traded on a GC centralised market administrated by OPCOM, separately from RES-Electricity.
The country’s main strategy to meet the growing need of power is to reduce the energy dependency by increasing the energy efficiency, increased use of renewable resources, nuclear sources, and connecting to the European power infrastructure.
- Snapshot of the country’s renewable power sector across parameters - country overview, current power and renewable power market status, electricity market structure, key issues, future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand, and way forward.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual installed renewable power generation capacity of from 2012 to 2017.
- Statistics for cumulative and annual revenue of renewable power plants from 2012 to 2017.
- Break-up by power generation technology, including thermal, hydro, renewable and nuclear
- Data on key issues witnessed in the Romanian renewable power sector.
- Information on future plans and strategies to meet increasing power demand.
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies by having a strong understanding of the investment opportunities in the country’s renewable power sector
- Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data
- Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development opportunities
1.1 Research Methodology
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 ROMANIA RENEWABLE POWER MARKET IN 2017
3.1 Country Overview
3.2 Current Status of Renewable Power Market in Romania
3.2.6 Tidal and Wave
3.3 Key Issues
3.4 Investment Trends and Development Roadmap to Meat Increasing Power Demand
3.5 Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Revenue
3.6 Annual Installed Renewable Power Capacity and Revenue
3.7 Support Schemes
4 CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5 LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
Chart 1: Share of Renewable Power (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) from Total Installed Power Generation Capacity in Romania in 2016
Chart 2: Romania Total Annual Electricity Consumption (in TWh) 2000 ÷ 2016
Chart 3: Romania Power Generation Capacity Breakdown by Source (Fuel) Type in 2016 (incl. Renewables)
Chart 4: Structure of Electricity Power Market in Romania
Chart 5: Cumulative (CAGR) Installed Renewable Power Capacity (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Romania (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 6: Cumulative (CAGR) Revenue of Renewable Power Plants (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Romania (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 7: Annual Installed Renewable Power Capacity (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Romania (in MW) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast
Chart 8: Annual Revenue of Renewable Power Plants (Solar, Wind, Biomass, Hydro and Geothermal) in Romania (in Millions USD) 2012 ÷ 2017, including forecast