paysafecard is one of the leading online prepaid voucher providers in Europe. Launched in 2000 in Austria, it was acquired by Skrill Group in 2013 and became part of Paysafe Group through the Skrill acquisition in 2015. Post-acquisition, paysafecard has been integrated into the group’s prepaid division.
paysafecard allows consumers to convert cash into digital currency to pay for goods and services online, without having to provide any bank or credit card details to the merchant. Customers can purchase the digital currency in the form of prepaid vouchers with 16-digit PINs, which can be redeemed at checkout for online purchases. The prepaid voucher can be purchased for different denominations of a country’s local currency.
The vouchers are now available in 45 countries worldwide, and users can buy them through more than 600,000 sales outlets. Vouchers can also be purchased online. For instance, in Canada UseMyCard is one of the largest providers of paysafecard, while in Mexico consumers can buy paysafecard PINs online with SafetyPay. WKV.com is the official online paysafecard distributor in Germany.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution paysafecard, including:
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones
- paysafecard.com Wertkarten AG was founded in 2000 in Austria.
- In 2012 Skrill, one of Europe’s largest online payment providers, announced the 100% acquisition of paysafecard.com Wertkarten AG. The acquisition was completed in 2013.
- paysafecard vouchers are available in 45 countries and can be purchased from 600,000 sales outlets.
- It continued its geographical expansion in 2017 with launches in the UAE and Brazil.
- Gain insights into paysafecard's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Products & Services