This second edition's core objective is to provide a complete overview on the relevance of Renewable Energy in all EU member states and the developments in these countries over time. To give an even broader perspective, contributions on some non-EU countries like USA, Switzerland and China are also included. Not only development plans and requirements by the state and other authorities, but also support mechanisms, grid access rules and codes, authentication methods, cross-border trading and guarantees of origin, supervision of the renewable energy sector, overview of planning, construction and operation and use of specific structural and cohesion funds for renewable energy project development are all included in this new volume.
Each country has its own chapter in which all these topics are discussed, and is written by a team of leading experts from all member states. Even a chapter about Croatia (member of the EU as from 01.07.2013) is included.
This information on the 28 countries was never before available in one volume!
Highlights & Contents:
- Written by a team of leading experts from all present member states plus USA, Switzerland and China
- Edited by leading environmental lawyer Dörte Fouquet and Head of Cabinet Commissioner Piebalgs Christopher Jones
- Never before available in one publication
- Separate chapter on each country
- A daily working guide for everyone dealing with Renewable Energy
- Includes also a chapter about the 28th member of the EU, Croatia