Network Centric Warfare Demand Drivers, Key Applications and New Developments
Global expenditure on Network Centric Warfare components in the domain of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems is anticipated to witness robust growth over the forecast period, primarily due to the increased importance of NCW systems in modern or fourth-generation warfare. Modern conflicts include a mix of physical combat, and mental and tactical elements, where the enemy could be a nation or a faction of society, such as a terrorist group.
Technological advancements in the field of NCW technologies have resulted in the production of open smartphone-enabled services and application systems, which are tailored to meet the needs of the military. One such innovation is the SoldierEyes mobile smartphone solution, a product of Overwatch, which is a strategic business unit of Textron Systems Advanced Systems. Russia and China have also undertaken development programs for the same and intend to induct these systems in their navies to enhance NCW capabilities that are already deployed.
Rise of asymmetric warfare and the growing need for interoperability and integrated solutions in order to meet modern force re-structuring demands among military strategists are major factors that are anticipated to have a positive impact on the NCW systems market. Given the benefits provided by these NCW systems, the implementation of the NCW doctrine is considered by most nations to be amongst the most formidable capabilities required for victory in a conflict. Ever since the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan the importance of NCW has been highlighted even more given the close scrutiny by defense analysts of other countries and advantages thus desired.
The report “Network Centric Warfare Demand Drivers, Key Applications and New Developments” offers analysis of the Network Centric Warfare market and covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes drivers/factors influencing demand for ballistic protection equipment. Additionally, the report provides an overview of five top spenders in the sector including recent procurements undertaken by these countries and profiles of five major Network Centric Warfare component manufacturers in the domain.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following
- Overview: Snapshot of the Network Centric Warfare market, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and technology developments. It also provides a snapshot product evolution for all components.
- Drivers: Insights into the Network Centric Warfare market and a detailed analysis of factors driving the market for NCW as a whole.
- Trends: Insights on the prevalent trends in the sector.
- Challenges: Major challenges faced by manufacturers and military operators while application.
- Technology Trends and New Developments: Insights into current technical standards and new developments that will shape the market in the future.
- Country Analysis: Analysis of the five spenders that are anticipated to invest heavily in the domain, and recent programs executed by these nations.
- Company Analysis: Analysis of the five major companies that are catering to ballistic protection requirements in the domain.
Companies mentioned in this report: Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, The Raytheon Company, BAE Systems plc, Elbit Systems.
- As militaries across the globe execute force transformation measures, more and more priority is placed on evolving into a more lighter and more agile force.
- This can only be accomplished by implementing NCW doctrines and consequently acquiring capabilities in the form of equipment that is necessary to accomplish assigned within the doctrine.International terrorism has also been increasing in the last decade, with many countries such as India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Israel, the US, and the UK witnessing acts of terrorism that have caused damage to life and to property.
- These events have prompted a need to provide solutions and services that will help special operations forces to pre-empt and defeat the global terrorist threat, rather than fight it. Also, advances in information technology have worked to ensure a large and ever growing military market for various components of information technology. For example, advances in networking capabilities have enabled different military platforms utilizing different operating systems to interact with each other , thus opening new pathways for militaries across the globe to implement more technology focused concepts for fighting future wars
Reasons to buy
- Snapshot of Network Centric Warfare(NCW) market, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and technology developments.
- Insights into the Network Centric Warfare(NCW) market and a detailed analysis of factors driving the market
- Determining the prevalent trends in the sector
- Determining the current technical standards and new developments that will shape the market in the future
- Analyzing the major countries and defence companies playing significant roles in the development Network Centric Warfare(NCW) components
- Executive Summary
- Network Centric Warfare Market Evolution
- Global Demand Drivers -NCW
- Demand Drivers: Analysis of factors that trigger expenditure within the sector delineated by end users
- Global Operational Trends -NCW
- Key Trends: Prevalent practices and procurement patterns within the market delineated by end users
- Challenges in Application -NCW
- Issues and problems currently being faced
- Major Technical Developments -NCW
- New technical developments
- Future Objectives And Priorities
- Country Analysis -Profiles of five leading countries
- Overview of NCW initiatives in the country along with major programs undertaken
- Suppliers Analysis -Profiles of five leading companies
- Company Overview
- Major Products
- Alliances, Recent Contracts and Financial Analysis