The DDoS solution market in ASEAN grew vigorously by 54.1% on a YoY basis and remained the second largest DDoS market in the Asia-Pacific region with 20.9% of market share. The adoption of DDoS solutions was seen moving away from a service-provider-centric market to a more enterprise-centric market with increasing number of enterprises investing in the solutions, particularly cloud-based DDoS mitigation services. However, SPs remained the largest spenders due to the need for infrastructure upgrade to protect their own network services and to cater to managed DDoS mitigation services.
In addition to market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces of the DDoS market. Key drivers include better awareness of security due to constantly evolving DDoS attacks which will eventually stimulate the stronger adoption of DDoS solutions; growing concerns over threats to key infrastructure and strong requirements for cyber resiliency which are driving government organizations and service providers to upgrade their network infrastructure and mitigation capacities; the rise in the number of connected devices (IoT devices) which requires businesses and service providers to strengthen their protection capability; tightened requirements for compliances which drive organizations to invest in DDoS solutions to protect infrastructure and data; growing concerns over business disruption and reputation loss which drive many large organizations to expand their in-house DDoS mitigation capacity; and incomplete ability of legacy security approaches which causes customers to look at dedicated defense solutions to tackle threats and mitigate attacks.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period 2015 to 2021, with the base year being 2016. DDoS solution is the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and Insurance (BFSI), service provider, manufacturing, education, eCommerce, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the ASEAN DDoS solution market's competitive landscape include Akamai, Arbor Networks, F5 Networks, Nexusguard, Radware, and Cloudfare, among other vendors. The countries included in this study are Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the DDoS solution market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will DDoS solutions continue to exist, or will other solutions and services take its place?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Will the services replace the product markets?
- What are the most common DDoS threats in ASEAN?
- Are the vendors in ASEAN ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Market Definitions-Solution Deployment
- Research Methodology
- Customer Segmentation
- Market Overview-Geographical Coverage
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
2. Forecasts and Trends
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Region
3. Market Share and Competitive Landscape Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Availability and Completeness of DDoS Solution Offerings
- Country/Region Code Legend for Security Operation Centers and Scrubbing Centers
- Akamai-Market Share Analysis by Country
- Arbor Networks-Market Share Analysis by Country
- Arbor Networks-Overview
- F5 Networks-Market Share Analysis by Country
- F5 Networks-Overview
- Nexusguard-Market Share Analysis by Country
- Radware-Market Share Analysis by Country
- Cloudflare-Market Share Analysis by Country
4. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Transformation in Web Application Firewall Industry Ecosystem
- Growth Opportunity 1-Threat Research Services for IoT Vendors
- Growth Opportunity 2-Dark Web Surveillance Services
- Growth Opportunity 3-Integration of Threat intelligence
- Growth Opportunity 4-DNS Server DDoS Mitigation
- Growth Opportunity 5-DDoS Defense Training and Drills
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
5. The Last Word
- Four Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology