This study aims to research and analyse the development of Big Data Analytics and connected services in the farm equipment industry and to assess the value proposition of these connected services that address the expectations of farmers and transform their business practices. The farm equipment industry is witnessing another wave of industrial change through IT industry. The formation of smart connected products is creating new opportunities and new areas of business models. The farm equipment industry has evolved with new territory of connected services.
New functionality, high reliability, and better product utilization are the evaluating parameters for these OEMs. The IoT wave has reshaped competitive factors and expanded industry boundary, from standard products to a system of smart connected products. These products help integrate operations, and collect and transit real-time data from farm equipment to a farmer’s dashboard. OEMs are now competing not just at the product-feature level but on the level of offering wholly connected, integrated solutions by connecting their products across various systems and various functions.
Market trends are analysed for the study period 2016 to 2022, with 2016 being the base year. Technologies covered in the study are Precision Agriculture, Big Data, IoT, and autonomous systems. Farm equipment, including tractors, harvesters, and sprayers are covered under the product scope of the study. The incorporation of Big Data analytics in farming and precision agriculture, a growing trend, is the key focus area in this study. The precision agriculture ecosystem consists of tractor OEMs, seeds and fertilizer manufacturers, technology companies, and hardware and software companies.
Companies covered in the competitive landscape of this study include John Deere, KUBOTA, Accenture, IBM, Intel, Videophone, Tech Mahindra, Mahindra & Mahindra, Trimble, Cisco, AT&T, CNH Industrial, and others.
The geographic scope of the study is global, which includes: Europe (all 28 European countries), Russia, United States, Brazil, Mexico, Africa (Kenya, Nigeria, Algeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Uganda), Asia-Pacific (India, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Australia).
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the adoption trends in Big Data solutions and services in the farming sector?
- What are the upcoming technologies involved in the agriculture industries?
- What are the major digital initiatives taken up by the OEMs in the technology front?
- What are the drivers and restraints for digital telematics market in the farming sector?
- What lies ahead for farm equipment manufacturers, Tier I suppliers, and IoT service providers in the Digital Farming landscape?
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Executive Summary-Global Scenario
- Executive Summary-Market Outlook
- Recommendations to OEMs
- Digitization of Farm Management Supply Chains
2. Research Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
3. Big Data Application in Farming Industry-Features and Trends
- Big Data Analytics
- Precision Agriculture-Input for Agriculture Big Data
- Value Chain of Big Data Analytics
- Impact of Big Data Analytics on Farm Equipment Industry
- Big Data-Opportunity Analysis
- Industry Initiatives-Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Agriculture Industry Value Chain
4. Trends in Connected Services and Big Data Application
- Connected Services and Big Data Application Trends
- Big Data Landscape in Smart Agriculture
- Smart Farming Through Predictive Analytics
- Enabling Technologies for Big Data in Smart Agriculture
- Data Collection and Transmission-Innovator Profile
- Data Storage and Analysis-Innovator Profile
- Automation Solutions-Innovator Profile
- Technologies-Future Outlook
- Focus Areas for the Development of Precision Agriculture
- Emerging Smart Agriculture Ecosystem
- Connected Agriculture Ecosystem
- Connected System in Smart Farming
- Opportunities for IoT and Specialised Domain Big Data
- IoT Solutions in the Farm Management Segment
- Participants in Connected Agriculture Ecosystem
- Case Study-Monsanto’s Digital Farms
- Case Study-Mahindra and Mahindra’s New Business Model
- Big Data Information Sharing to New Business Models
- Impact of New Business Models
5. Profiles of Big Data Analytics Providing Companies
- Farmers Business Network (FBN)-Software and Analytics
- FarmLogs-Farm Management Software
- Orbital Insight-Geospatial Big Data Analytics
6. Connected Tractors and Farm Equipment
- Evolution of Tractors to Connected Tractors
- Connected Farm Equipment System
- Connected Tractors to Pave Way for Autonomous Systems
- Connected Tractors Application Segment
- Connected Combines Trends
7. Farm Equipment Telematics
- Rising Proliferation of Telematics in Connecting Machines
- Farm Equipment Telematics-Developments and Outlook
- Key Telematics Features by Equipment Type
- Rise of Farm Equipment Telematics
- Drivers-Impact and Duration
- Drivers Explained
- Restraints-Impact and Duration
- Drivers Explained
- Industry Initiatives-Telematics Solutions
8. Telematics Service Providers in the Farm Industry
- Telematics-Case IH
- Telematics-John Deere
- Telematics-New Holland
9. Growth Opportunities, Conclusions, and Future Roadmap
- Future Roadmap
- Connected Services and Big Data Analytics-Global Opportunity
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- Key Conclusions
- Legal Disclaimer
List of Acronyms