This research service analyzes the global mobility market and discusses the 2017 outlook. The study delves into the evolving business models, market consolidations and partnerships, regulatory reforms being undertaken, and advanced technology trends. It analyzes market trends and captures growth potential and avenues. This study will benefit automotive value chain participants, including mobility service providers, OEMs, car rental and leasing companies, financial service providers, technology solution providers, and a host of other industry participants looking to understand current mobility market trends and their implications.
The study looks at 6 collaborative business models—car sharing, P2P carhsaring, corproate carsharing, e-Hailing, integrated mobility, and ridesharing. Market analysis is done for 2016 through to 2025. One of the primary reasons for the popularity of these business models is that they help combat pressing issues such as congestion and pollution, which many cities across the globe are facing.
The key metrics discussed in the study are the members and the vehicles for the applicable business models. The research service also discusses key trends that affect these segments. The mobility market will see a lot of activity in terms of investments/mergers and acquisitions among the various stakeholders. Automakers will be one of the most important stakeholders as they are trying to look at alternative streams of revenue from the mobility market. There is lot of room for innovation in the shared mobility space - both for mobility operators and technology software providers - who can keep updating their offerings to provide a more wholesome customer experience. For the carsharing, integrated mobility, and e-Hailing market segments, the geographic scope covered is global, while for ridesharing and P2P carsharing, the scope is North America and Europe; for corporate carsharing, the regional scope is Europe.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
1) Are mobility solutions targeted at a particular audience? What are the key events affecting their growth?
2) Is the customer mindset about vehicle ownership changing? How will it impact mobility market growth in 2016?
3) Is ridesharing competing with carsharing? Are both services poised to grow at the same pace?
4) Governments, municipalities, and corporates are looking to reduce cost, parking demand, and carbon footprint. What steps will mobility service providers take to meet the aforementioned demands? 5) What are the upcoming technology solutions influencing mobility market trends? How will existing service providers adapt to the shift in technology trends?
6) Which OEMs are partnered with key global mobility service providers? Will the entry of more OEMs affect the growth of existing market participants?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings—Highlights 2016
- Key Findings—2017 Outlook
- Traditional Carsharing
- Mobility Solutions—P2P Carsharing
- Corporate Carsharing
- Mobility Solutions—Ridesharing
- e-Hailing Taxi Apps
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Background
- Research Methodology
3. Carsharing Market
- Types of Carsharing Services
- Traditional Carsharing—Global Membership and Fleet Size
- Traditional Carsharing—Key Highlights and 2016 Outlook
- Corporate Carsharing
- P2P Carsharing Market—Overview
- P2P Carsharing—Key Trends and Outlook
4. Ridesharing Market
- Definition of Ridesharing Types
- Ridesharing Industry Overview—Europe and North America
- Ridesharing Market Estimates
- Key Highlights and 2017 Outlook
- Definition of Taxi Business Models
- Diversification of Business Models—The e-Hailing Market Evolves to Stay Relevant
- e-Hailing Apps—Global Snapshot
- e-Hailing—Global Membership and Fleet Size
- e-Hailing—Key Highlights and 2017 Outlook
6. Integrated Mobility
- Integrated Mobility Services
- Integrated Mobility Landscape
- Integrated Mobility Unites Service Providers to Cater to Customer Needs
- Implications—OEMs are Moving to Car as a Service
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity—Mobility Business Models
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
8. Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- The Last Word—3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer