Five major provinces in Turkey generate around 53.1% of the country’s GDP and comprise 36.3% of the country’s population. Mining, manufacturing and utilities activity contributed 23.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate, and business activity (17.9%), and wholesale, retail, and hotels (16.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 25.%, 15.4%, and 22.4%, respectively, in 2017.
- According to the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), Turkey’s transport and logistic infrastructure rank declined from 34th in 2016 to 47th in 2018 out of 160 countries.
- The Turkish government is expected to invest US$23 bn to upgrade its infrastructure in order to attain its 2023 goal
- The Netherlands accounted for the largest share of FDI stock in 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Turkey’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe, and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Istanbul Stock Market Index - XU100
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI by sector (2013-2017) and share of FDI by sectors (2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI inflow by country (2013-2017) and share of FDI by country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, % of world exports, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
Exhibit 17: Daily Exchange Rate
Exhibit 18: Public Finance
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 25: Gender Split
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 28: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Turkey 2018
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions