Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by Wholesale, retail and hotels (16.5%) and Agriculture activities (13.7%). According to estimates, the three sectors (nominal terms) are expected to grow by 9.7%, 10.4% and 10.4% respectively in 2018.
Five major provinces of Indonesia generate around 58% of the country’s GDP and comprise 56% of the country’s population.
- Singapore, Japan and China contributed around 53% to the total FDI of Indonesia in 2017
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Indonesia declined over last two years with decline in rank from 53rd in 2014 to 63rd out of 160 countries in 2016
- In 2018, Jokowi, President of Indonesia plans to allocate US$30.23 bn for infrastructure development in Indonesia.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
Exhibit 1: Indonesia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: JKSE Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI trends by location, 2014 and 2017
Exhibit 7: FDI trend by region 2013-2017 and Q1 2018
Exhibit 8: Country wise - FDI by country (2017) and FDI trend (2013-2017)
Exhibit 9: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 12: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 15: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation;, % of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 18: Public Finance
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 21: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 22: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 23: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 25: Gender Split
Exhibit 26: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 27: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 28: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Indonesia 2018
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions