The study aims to analyse the impact of Brexit in the European chemical industry with specific focus on coatings and plastics.
- Pre and post Brexit Overview (UK chemical industry, European chemical industry)
- Key macroeconomic trends (labour, cross border investment, trade policies)
- Key Brexit outcomes analysed (Hard and soft Brexit routes)
- Highlights the impact on the chemical industry in hard and soft Brexit scenarios
The impact of Brexit is also analysed specifically for coatings and plastics market.
The analysis provides an overview of the chemical industry prior to Brexit in terms of exports, imports, employment, R&D spend. The study intends to determine the impact of Brexit on these parameters during the short term. The study focuses on analysing how the labour movement across borders is likely to be affected by Brexit and in turn impact chemical companies in the UK and the EU respectively. Further, the modifications in trade policies are likely to affect the business of chemical companies in the UK and the EU. The study analyses how these changes are likely to impact the companies in the UK as well as in EU. The study also analyses how conducive the market environment likely to be while adopting different exit strategies.
The impact has been analysed based on two possible routes that UK is likely to adopt for exiting the EU. The coatings and the plastics market have been analysed to study the implications for the two markets. Growth opportunities that are likely to arise out of the two different Brexit scenarios have been analysed.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What was the state of the European and the UK chemical industry prior to Brexit?
- What are the key areas that Brexit is likely to impact?
- What are the different routes that the UK is likely to adopt for exiting the EU?
- How are the industry dynamics likely to change during the Brexit process?
- How favourable or unfavourable are the market metrics likely to change based on the route that the UK chooses for the exit process?
- What are the market opportunities for the companies in the UK and companies in the EU during and after the exit process?
1. Impact and Implications of BREXIT on the Plastics and Coatings Market
2. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Research Scope
3. Overview of the UK Chemical Industry
- Chemical Industry-Cutting Across Key Verticals
- The EU Chemical Industry-In Numbers
- The UK Chemical Industry-In Numbers
- The UK Chemical Industry-Pre Brexit Overview
- The UK Chemical Industry-Market Participants Overview
4. Brexit and the UK Chemical Industry
- Brexit-Timeline of Events
- Brexit-Context and Overview
- Impact of Brexit on the Chemical Industry
- The Top 5 Effects of Brexit on the Chemical Industry
- Regulatory Implications of Brexit
5. Analysis of UK-EU Relationship Scenarios and their Impact on the Chemical Industry
- UK-EU Relationship Scenarios
- Implications of ‘SOFT’ and ‘HARD’ Brexit Scenarios
- SOFT Brexit Consequences
- HARD Brexit Consequences
6. Brexit Impact on the UK Plastics Market
- Key Concerns for the UK Plastics Market due to Brexit
- Impact on Trade Balance in the UK Plastics Market
- Workforce Management-Key Concern of Plastics Market Post Brexit
- Increase in Material Prices
7. Brexit Impact on the UK Coatings Market
- The UK Coatings Market-At a Glance
- Key Concerns of the UK Coatings Market due to Brexit
- Regulatory Implications
8. Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1-Economic Scenario in Case of SOFT BREXIT
- Growth Opportunity 2-Economic Scenario in Case of HARD BREXIT