This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TOE provides insights on the latest advances in technologies related to the energy industry. This TOE focuses on advances in wind energy analysis, improvement of solar cell efficiency, and designing efficient smart grids at a lower cost. It also gives insights on innovations to predict the performance of solar cells and electric vehicles for rural areas in developing countries.
The Energy and Power Systems (EPS) TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid state batteries, solar chemical storage and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol and biofuels.
The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances. The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
1. Developments in photovoltaic cell efficiency, smart grid simulation, predicting the performance of solar energy generation and Wind Power Generation
- Electricity Generation from Stretching Using Twistron Yarn
- Enhancing Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles Using Membrane Technology
- Increase in Efficiencies of Two- and Three-junction Tandem Solar Cells
- Improved Power Generation Monitoring for Existing Wind Turbines
- Thermal Imaging Software for Protecting Birds from Wind Turbines
- Software for Smart Grid Planning and Designing
- Tool to Forecast the Performance of Solar Photovoltaics
- High Efficiency Hybrid Solar Materials
- Silicon Anodes for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Four-wheel Drive Electric Vehicles for Africa’s Rural Population
- Key Contacts