Significant breakthroughs in surface protection coatings and developments in diffusion coatings, sol-gel coatings for corrosion inhibition are driving competitiveness in the coatings business. Application of diffusion coating to a substrate increases its longevity by deflecting heat away from the surface and decreasing it temperature. Coatings made by using sol-gel can be tailored for different functionalities. They can also be made to repel water and fight corrosion when combined with polymer coatings. In addition to these, research innovations that are driving sustainability in the advanced coatings industry such as anti-bacterial coatings, reflective coatings, and water soluble package coatings are featured in this issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Innovations in Packaging, Anti-bacterial, Corrosion Inhibition, and Anti-reflection Coatings
2. Recent Innovations in Coatings Technology
- Metal and Glass Alloy Powders for Antibacterial Coatings
- Coated Packaging That Can Potentially Prevent Animals from Accidentally Ingesting Them
- Diffusion Coating for Components Operating at High Temperature
- Sol-Gel Hybrid Coating Composition for Corrosion Inhibition
- Reflective Coating for Lighting Systems
3. Industry Contacts
- Key Contacts