This edition of Oil and Gas TOE profile a method of using methane as a feedstock for producing various saturated and unsaturated chemicals in order to remove it from the atmosphere. A single step oxidation reaction for converting methane to methanol, conversion of methane to fuels from off-gases, mobile systems and GTL-FPSO process for recovery of methane in marine environment, feeding methylotrophs with methane to produce polymers are some of the other technologies highlighted in this issue. Some technologies associated with intelligent subsea crack monitoring systems and use of natural fibers for cleaning up spilt oils are also provided. The key focus of these innovations is to drive sustainability in the oil and gas industry.
The Oil and Gas TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on innovations pertaining to technologies, products, and processes, along with strategic insights, in the upstream and downstream processes in the oil and gas industry.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Technology Advances for Oil Spill Clean up, Offshore Structures Crack Detection, and Alternate Feedstocks and Processes
- Innovations for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Intelligent Subsea Tracking System for Crack Monitoring
- Sustainable Gel to Soak Up Oil Spills
- One-step Conversion of Methane to Methanol
- Conversion of Carbon Dioxide and Methane to Renewable Fuels from Off-gases
- Sorption Method for Recovering Methane from a Gas Stream
- GTL-FPSO Process for Obtaining Synthetic Fuel from Natural Gas
- Mobile System and Method to Manufacture Methanol from Natural Gas and Flare Gas Feedstock
- Methylotrophs for Production of Biopolymers Using Methane
2. Industry Contacts
- Key Contacts