This issue of Microelectronics TOE profiles a customized wearable solution for monitoring complex medical parameters, a wearable for tracking activities and public safety, a heads-up display that enhances driver safety, and wearables for optimum fitness.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
1. Innovations in Wearable and Display Technologies
- Customized Wearable Solution for Monitoring Complex Medical Parameters
- Wearables for Activity Tracking and improving Personnel Safety
- Heads-up Display for Enhanced Driver Safety
- Activity Intelligence-enabled Wearables for Optimum Fitness
- Smart Collar Enabling a Health Monitoring Service for Pets
- Industry Contacts