- Physician market growth slowed from moderate to slight expansion, with the national index falling 19.2 points to 14.7 in Q1 2017.
- Declines in the Q1 2017 index are linked to lower reporting in supply spend when compared to Q4 2016.
- All six measured regions experienced similar contraction, with the largest declines taking place in the Northeast and Southeast regions which fell 21.6 and 29.4 points respectfully.
- Index expansion at offices with 6 or more physicians continues to outpace that of smaller offices; however, offices of all sizes (by number of physicians) saw declines in Q1 2017.
- Offices with 3-5 physicians show slight contraction in Q1 2017, at -2.2 points below the baseline value.
1. Executive Summary
3. Index Data
5. National Breakdown
6. Regional Breakdown
7. Research Methods