The Laser Cutting Process: Analysis and Applications presents a comprehensive understanding of the laser cutting process and its practical applications. The book includes modeling, such as thermal and stress analysis, along with lamp parameter analysis for kerf width predictions and their practical applications, such as laser cutting of metallic and non-metallic materials and assessment of quality. The book provides analytical considerations for laser cutting, the importance of the affecting parameters, stress levels formed in the cutting section, cutting efficiency and cut morphology and metallurgy. It is designed to be used by individuals working in laser machining and high energy processing.
- Fills the gap between a fundamental understanding of the laser cutting process and the shortcomings of the industrial (practical) applications
- Discusses new developments in the laser cutting process of difficult to cut materials
- Includes thermal analysis for various metallic and non-metallic materials
- Provides information on Quality Assessment Methods
1. Introduction 2. Thermal Analysis of Laser Cutting Process 3. Analytical Methods in Laser Cutting 4. Laser Cutting Quality Assessment and Numerical Methods for Modelling of Cutting 5. Some Applications of Laser Cutting 6. Concluding Remarks
Bekir S. Yilbas received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the Birmingham University. He was awarded the Doctor of Engineering in 2005 by Birmingham University owing to his significant contribution to his field of study. He has published over 600 journal papers in reputable international journals and presented over 100 papers at international conferences. He has served as an editorial board member of international journals, including International Journal of Machine Tool and Manufacture Design, Research and Application, International Journal of Subsurface Sensing Technologies and Applications, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, International Journal of Nano-manufacturing and Archives of Materials Science and Engineering. He has received numerous awards as recognition of his research work.