Denpasar is the seat of government for Bali province in Indonesia and the administrative center of Badung regency. The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the city, accounting for 76.4% of total GDP. Growth of the tourism industry led by depreciating local currency has also added value to the service sector driven economy.
“City Profile - Denpasar” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Denpasar.The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The tertiary sector was the largest contributor to the area’s GDP and its share increased from 73.8% in 2010 to 76.4% in 2016
- Denpasar city represents as one of the creative city and a popular tourist destination. It is also the center for government and business activities. Creativity of the city are materialized in form of animation, games, music, architecture, movie, information technology based products, fashion, culinary and art performance
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Denpasar metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Denpasar metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Denpasar metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Denpasar metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$)
Table 5: Denpasar metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Denpasar metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Denpasar metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Ngurah Rai International Airport - key airport indicators
Table 9: Bali province - international arrivals by country of residence
Table 10: Bali province - UNESCO World heritage sites
Table 11: Bali province - MICE* and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Denpasar metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Denpasar metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Denpasar metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
Figure 4: Denpasar metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
Figure 5: Denpasar metropolitan area - population by comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Denpasar metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)