Lille metropolitan area is the fourth largest metropolitan area in France. It is also considered as an international crossroad and a dynamic financial centre. The area contributes 3% to the country’s economy. The tertiary sector contributed the most to the area’s GVA in 2016. The economy of the area is majorly driven by financial administration, real estate, and administrative and support services
“City Profile - Lille” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Lille. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- Lille, the European Capital of Culture is home to great museums, art centers and well preserved heritage. The city is expecting to attract more than one million tourists in 2018
- Euralille is the business district in the area and is strategically located at the intersection of the high-speed railway lines connecting Paris, Brussels and London.
- The area has a catchment of 78 million people and US$1.6 trillion disposable income within a 300-km radius
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Lille metropolitan area- key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Lille metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Lille metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Lille metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Lille metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Lille metropolitan area- main universities, 2016
Table 7: Lille metropolitan area- population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Lille metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Lille metropolitan area- mass transit network indicators, 2016
Table 10: Lille metropolitan area- key airport indicators, 2014-16
Table 11: Lille metropolitan area - office rents, Q4, 2016
Table 12: Nord-Pas-de-Calais Department - tourism statistics, 2014-16
Table 13: Lille metropolitan area- MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Lille metropolitan area-real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Lille metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Lille metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Lille metropolitan area- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Lille metropolitan area- population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Lille metropolitan area- population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)