Individualistic and empowered consumers desire to take control of all aspects of their needs and lifestyle preferences. To do so, in an efficient, effective, and enjoyable way, consumers turn to three types of customization. Active customization allows consumers to create/co-create products tailored to their needs; passive customization enables brands to create for consumers unique needs; smart customization incorporates technology advances to facilitate uniquely tailored offerings.
Trend drivers include in this report -
- Individualism: Consumers desire products and services that cater specifically to their unique needs and lifestyle preferences.
- Proactive Wellbeing: Consumers want to take control over their health and wellness by seeking products tailored to their individual needs.
- Experience Economy: Consumers seek out novel and experiential ways to indulge in authentic and premium manner.
Allowing consumers to be involved in the product creation process is highly important for today's expressive, novelty seeking consumers. This type of "active" customization drives innovation by directly involving the individual consumer in the creation process. "Passive customization" allows the brand to create for the consumer with a moderate degree of involvement. "Smart customization" is driven by the latest tech innovation in creating unique user experiences through high-level of tailored products and services.
The report "TrendSights Analysis: Customization" covers TrendSights framework and supporting analysis provide structure, clarity, and perspective to aid the understanding of consumer behavior, and how trends and events will shape the future. The analysis uncovers the what, why, and how of the trend, as well as who is most influenced by it and where the future of the trend lies.
- Customization reflects consumers' desire to be in control.
- Individualistic consumers seek out products that are customized to their own unique needs and preferences.
- With one size not fitting all, consumers are seeking products and services specifically made for them.
- Today's consumers are more aware and informed than ever of their individual needs; the pressure is on for brands to give control back to the user. Brands that can effectively do this are likely to gain favor among these individualistic consumers.
- Customization facilitates differentiation and uniqueness by creating a product that is specifically designed to meet the needs of individual people. By increasing product relevance this can enhance emotional engagement and create more involved buying behavior. It can also lead to higher consumer loyalty, driving brand equity.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.