Total fuel consumption in Ireland increased by 12.3% in 2016 compared to the previous year. Volume sales of petrol decreased in 2016 by 6.6% to 1,272 Million liters. Diesel consumption, increased by 34.0% about 1,931 Million liters. Fuel prices began to increase in Ireland and in Europe, the price of petrol in 2016 rose by 1.5%, and diesel prices grew by 4.1%. In Ireland fuel consumption is expected to only marginally rise towards 2022 as motorists invest in increasingly fuel efficient vehicles over this period.
As of 2016, 75.7% of service stations in Ireland featured a shop. The total number of service stations with a shop declined by 0.9% about 983 sites. The top five fuel retailers in Ireland accounted for 85.9% of the number of service station shops in the country. Topaz is the leading player in the service station shop market, with all of its 387 sites featuring a shop. 39.4% of all service station sites with a shop are Topaz branded.
51.6% of service stations in Ireland feature a car wash. The total number of service stations with a car wash in Ireland remained the same at 670 sites as retailers failed to invest in these facilities. Top five fuel retailers in Ireland account for 32.8% of service stations with a car wash in the country.
Topaz is the leading player in the service station shop market, with all of its 387 sites featuring a shop. 39.4% of all service station sites with a shop are Topaz branded.
The report "Service Station Retailing in Ireland 2017" provides an executive-level overview of the Irish service station market today, with values and volumes up to 2017. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insight into the fuel market, based on in depth interviews with major fuel operators across Europe and proprietary data from our service station retail databases. It provides: National Fuel Volumes (2012 to 2022e) and Values. Breakdown of the top five fuel retailers shop, car wash, company owned motorway and unmanned sites. Company Fuel Volumes, Values and Market Shares. Major competitor analysis by country.
Companies mentioned in this report: Topaz, TOP (Tedcastle), Texaco, Maxol, Applegreen, Campus, EMO, Tesco.
- Total fuel consumption in Ireland increased by 12.3% in 2016 compared to the previous year.
- Topaz has the largest service station network, at 387 sites, amounting to 29.8% of the national network.
- The top five fuel retailers in Ireland accounted for 85.9% of the number of service station shops in the country. 51.6% of service stations in Ireland feature a car wash.
- Identify who are the top five players in Ireland and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash they have.
- Plan effect market strategies by uncovering market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in the market.
- Understand how the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as incresing forecourt shops and car washes.
- Identify what strategies the key players have across their fuel and non- fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, promotions, partnerships and suppliers used.
Service Station Market Overview
Competitor ranking in 2015 compared to 2016
Service Station Shop Network
Service Station Shops
Service Station Car Wash Network