The interview is still our primary selection tool but unfortunately its effectiveness is far from perfect. We may think we are good judges of character but still we sometimes make bad hires. In fact on study indicated that traditional interviewing only could predict on-the-job behavior 10% of the time. In addition, we know that some of our employees steal, lie, and are dishonest - characteristics that make us vulnerable and cost us billions.
The good news is that there are best practices that can improve our odds of finding the right fit. Behavioral based interviewing takes the guesswork out of the decision by focusing on candidate’s past behavior and performance rather than relying on speculation and hypothetical questions.
This webinar provides a specific and simple model for improving interview success that leads to reduced turnover and increased retention. Plus we will focus on questions the help uncover potential problems with integrity and honesty. Following the program you will immediately improve your ability to assess candidates’ competencies and improve your success rate of identifying those that will be successful in your company.
- What behavioral based interviewing is and why it works
- How to interview for desired competencies
- Learn the S.O.A.R. method of creating behavioral interview questions
- How to identify candidates who “fit” into your organization
- How to improve your odds of identifying potentially dishonest and unethical candidates
- A formula using action, thinking, and feeling to reveal honesty issues
- Receive questions that specifically address integrity
- Tips for reading body languages and clues that reveal that the candidate is hiding something
- How to combine hypothetical and behavioral-based questions for maximum effectiveness
- How interviewer confirmational bias and attitudes works against us
Wes Pruett is the owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors.
Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facilitates employee training related to communication, leadership, coaching and strategic planning. He is a certified business coach credentialed by the International Coach Federation and an authorized provider of Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team and Everything DiSC.
He earned a Masters in Healthcare Administration at the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management and an M.S. in Psychology.
This 90-minute online course is intended for professionals in the all Industry. Although not presently stated in the draft, the same guide could be used by FDA Regulated Industries personnel.
- 43 Behaviorally based questions you can use
- An additional 338 behaviorally based questions
- Competencies to use in job descriptions and interviewing
- Interview questions that specifically address integrity and honesty
- Top 10 Tip List for Interviewers
- Live question and answer session
- Complimentary copy of speaker's presentation slides