It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Equatorial Guinea, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Equatorial Guinea.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Equatorial Guinea.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Equatorial Guinea.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Equatorial Guinea.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Equatorial Guinean insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Equatorial Guinean insurance industry is regulated by the CRCA at the regional level and by the MoF at the national level
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Equatorial Guinea.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Equatorial Guinean insurance industry.
- Insurance companies from CIMA member states are permitted to operate in Equatorial Guinea without a license.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life Insurance
2.3.2 Property Insurance
2.3.3 Motor Insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries
2.4.3 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Commission Regional des Assurances
2.5.3 Ministry of Finance
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Equatorial Guinea - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Equatorial Guinea - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Equatorial Guinea - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Equatorial Guinea - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Equatorial Guinea - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Equatorial Guinea - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1:Equatorial Guinea - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Equatorial Guinea - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation