"Three areas of the service delivery platforms - next-generation communications services, video, and digital identity management - will be the key building blocks of CSP digital service transformations."
The worldwide service delivery platforms (SDPs) market to grow from USD12.9 billion in 2016 to USD14.7 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 2.6%. This increase will be driven by multi-screen video consumption, SDP virtualisation, a growing number of connected smart devices and next-generation communication services.
THIS FORECAST REPORT PROVIDES:
a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the service delivery platforms market, split into:
three application segments: telecoms application servers, content management and delivery and subscriber data management
two delivery types: product-related and professional services
four telecoms services: consumer mobile, consumer fixed, business mobile, and business fixed
eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia-Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia-Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the service delivery platforms market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS REPORT
- What is the overall size of the telecoms service assurance software market and what will be the key drivers of growth in the next 5 years?
- How will spending vary across different sub-segments of the SDP market?
- How will spending vary across different regions and service type?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will affect growth rates of CSP spending on service assurance systems?
- What will be the market opportunity for software-as-a-service (SaaS) SDP solutions?
WHO NEEDS TO READ THIS REPORT
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing, according to different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for growth.
- CSPs that are planning network function virtualisation (NFV)/software defined networking (SDN) and digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
- Professional services vendors that want to understand the growth opportunities for the next 5 years.
Gorkem Yigit (Senior Analyst) is the lead analyst for the Service Delivery Platforms programme and a contributor to the Software-Controlled Networking and Network Orchestration programmes, focusing on producing market share, forecast and research collateral. He started his career in the telecoms industry with a graduate role at a leading telecoms operator, before joining AnalysysMason in late 2013. He has published research on NFV/SDN services business cases, identity management in the digital economy, and has been a key part of major consulting projects including Telco Cloud Index and IPTV/OTT procurement. He holds a cum laude MSc degree in Economics and Management of Innovation and Technology from Bocconi University (Milan, Italy).