Growing aging populations worldwide are driving the expansion of specific disease populations, including degenerative spinal diseases and disorders. Spinal fusion is currently considered the gold standard in degenerative spine treatment, accomplishing both deformity correction and stabilization. However, sequelae associated with a successful fusion procedure have driven attention towards nonfusion technologies, which are expected to challenge the growth of spinal fusion during the forecast period. Interspinous process decompression (IPD) devices have evolved as a minimally invasive alternative to spinal fusion and laminectomy to treat painful lumbar spinal stenosis and its symptoms, including neurogenic intermittent claudication. The implants, placed between spinous processes in the symptomatic lumbar disc levels, are designed to limit painful extension of the spine while allowing neutral and flexed positions by increasing the interspinous distance with indirect decompression of the dural sac and nerve roots.
This report focuses on the market outlook for IPD devices in the 39 markets across North America (Canada, Mexico, and US), Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and UK), Asia-Pacific (APAC: Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan), South America (Argentina, Brazil, and Chile), and the Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and United Arab Emirates). The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption and provides an in-depth understanding of physicians’ perceptions and the future outlook for this market by segment and geography, with an overall emphasis on current and future trends in the 39 countries.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 3 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future IPD market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that IPD manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of IPD devices? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook for IPD?
- What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the IPD market?
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by region through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the North American IPD market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the IPD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the IPD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific IPD markets from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
2 Table of Contents
3 Executive Summary
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3 Key Players in the IPD Market
3.4 IPD Market Future Outlook
4.2 Related Reports
4.3 Upcoming Related Reports
5 Market Outlook
5.1 Procedure Trends
5.2 Pricing Trends
5.3 Revenue Trends
5.4 Company Share Analysis
6 Market Insights
6.1 North America
6.2.1 Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden
6.2.2 Belgium, France, and Netherlands
6.2.3 Germany and Switzerland
6.2.4 UK and Ireland
6.2.5 Italy, Portugal, and Spain
6.2.6 Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland
6.2.7 Greece, Russia, and Turkey
6.3.1 Australia and New Zealand
6.3.2 China and Taiwan
6.3.5 South Korea
6.4 South America
6.4.2 Argentina and Chile
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates
7 Competitive Assessment
7.2 Globus Medical
7.2.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.2.1 News and Deals Analysis
7.2.2 Competitive Positioning
7.3.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.3.3 News and Deals Analysis
7.3.4 Competitive Positioning
7.4 Paradigm Spine
7.4.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.4.3 Competitive Positioning
7.5.2 Portfolio Assessment
7.5.3 Competitive Positioning
7.6 Other Players
8.3.3 Secondary Research
8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology
8.3.5 Primary Research Summary
8.4 About MediPoint
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Metrics in the Global IPD Market
Table 2: North America IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 3: Europe IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 4: APAC IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 5: South America IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 6: Middle East and Africa IPD Volume Forecast, 2014-2023
Table 7: North America IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 8: Europe IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 9: APAC IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 10: South America IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 11: Middle East and Africa IPD Average Selling Price Forecast ($), 2014-2023
Table 12: North America IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 13: Europe IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 14: APAC IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 15: South America IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 16: Middle East and Africa IPD Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023
Table 17: North America Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 18: Europe Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 19: APAC Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 20: South America Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 21: Middle East and Africa Spinal Nonfusion Company Share Analysis, 2016
Table 22: Globus Medical - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 23: Medtronic - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 24: Paradigm Spine - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 25: Paradigm Spine - Key Clinical Trials
Table 26: Vertiflex - Key Marketed Products Assessment
Table 27: Vertiflex - Key Clinical Trial
Table 28: Summary of Other Players in the IPD Market, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: IPD Device Sales for North America, by Country, 2016 and 2023
Figure 2: IPD Device Sales for Europe, by Country, 2016 and 2023
Figure 3: IPD Device Sales for APAC, by Country, 2016 and 2023
Figure 4: IPD Device Sales for South America, by Country, 2016 and 2023
Figure 5: IPD Device Sales for the Middle East and Africa, by Country, 2016 and