"Côte d’Ivoire: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Côte d’Ivoire today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2017, Côte d’Ivoire will generate total telecom and pay-TV services revenue of $2.0bn. Total revenue will increase to $2.8bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 6.1% over 2017-2022 driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment during 2017-2022, driven by growing adoption of 3G/3.5G services, a projected rise in subscriptions to recently launched 4G services and increasing use of smartphones for accessing a range of online content such as streaming video and services such as mobile money. Going forward, Côte d’Ivoire’s pay-TV market is expected to grow at a 12% CAGR with DTH/satellite and IPTV being the only pay-TV services medium in the nation.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Côte d’Ivoire.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Côte d’Ivoire will grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 88.1% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by growth in 3G adoption and a projected rise in subscriptions to high-value 4G networks.
- The top two mobile operators, Orange Cote d'Ivorie and MTN Cote d'Ivorie, will collectively account for 77.2% of overall mobile subscriptions in 2017. Competition in the market is set to intensify over the next few years with the grant of a fourth global license to Libyan Post Telecommunication and Information Technology.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Côte d’Ivoire’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Côte d’Ivoire’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Côte d’Ivoire’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Côte d’Ivoire.
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Orange Cote d'Ivoire
MTN Cote d'Ivoire
Moov Cote d'Ivoire
Baseline forecast assumptions
About the authors
Country Intelligence Report coverage