"ICT Investment Trends in Vietnam", presents the findings from a survey of 60 Vietnamese enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Vietnamese enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Vietnam. Through the author’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Vietnam.
Vietnamese enterprises have been investing in various technologies in order to expand their market reach and to benefit from the country’s growing infrastructure market, which is witnessing investments in various sectors such as manufacturing, retail, and healthcare.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Vietnamese enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Vietnamese enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products
- Factors that are influencing Vietnamese enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Vietnamese enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Vietnamese enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Vietnamese enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Vietnamese enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Vietnamese enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- Vietnamese enterprises are allocating a major proportion of their IT services budget to software by implementing latest technologies such as cloud computing, big data solutions, and enterprise applications in order to better utilize their assets and to reduce IT costs.
- The Asian Development Bank is entering into a partnership with TNB Ventures, Mekong Business Initiative, and Australian Aid, in order to aid start-ups in Vietnam to provide connected infrastructure solutions and build smart cities in the country.
- With the increase in malware and cyber attacks in the country, various IT service providers are looking to increase their penetration in the market and enhance their security products portfolio to provide enterprise data security.
- Understand how the Vietnamese enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Vietnamese enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Vietnamese enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Vietnamese enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Vietnamese enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology