"ICT Investment Trends in Benelux", presents the findings from a survey of 93 Benelux enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Benelux enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise applications, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Benelux. Through the author's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Benelux.
Benelux, the politico-economic union of Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxemburg is looking for transition to a robust economy by aiming to strengthen its infrastructure and working towards digital internal markets. The survey shows that Benelux enterprises are keen to invest in core technologies, including hardware, software, and IT services, in order to improve their efficiency and productivity.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Benelux enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Benelux enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Benelux enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Benelux enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Benelux enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Benelux enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that Benelux enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Benelux enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- The author’s survey also reveals that in order to reduce and control operating costs and focus on their core business operations, Benelux enterprises are planning to outsource their applications functions through to the end of 2018.
- Cloud computing is also gaining popularity among Benelux enterprises, with software as a service (SaaS) and private cloud expected to witness significant investment in 2017.
- Moreover, in order to support widespread workforces, Benelux enterprises are looking to enhance their communications infrastructure, and are planning to increase their expenditure on network, broadband, and conferencing services.
- Understand how the Benelux enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Benelux enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Benelux enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Benelux enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Benelux enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology