"ICT Investment Trends in Italy", presents the findings from a survey of 95 Italian enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Italian enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Italy. Through the author’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in Italy.
With the ongoing recovery from economic stagnation and bailout of two regional banks at a whopping sum of EUR17 billion (US$19 billion) in June 2017, the Italian government is set to continue with strategic fiscal reforms to get the economy back on track. In June 2017, the Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) predicted Italy’s GDP to grow by 1% in 2017 and then edge down to 0.8% in 2018. However, the economy suffers from a huge public debt, which is estimated to be about 157.3% of GDP.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Italian enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Italian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Italian enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Italian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Italian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Italian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that Italian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Italian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- According to Italian enterprises, auto ID and mobility technology, along with security sensors, are the most prominent Internet of Things (IoT) solutions that have efficient delivery systems.
- Cloud computing is witnessing an increased interest from Italian enterprises primarily driven by benefits such as higher scalability, flexibility, cost reduction, and superior business continuity capabilities. Most of the Italian enterprises are prioritizing investment in software as a service (SaaS) and hybrid cloud in the coming two years.
- According to the survey, Italian enterprises are investing in business intelligence (BI) to derive insights from the growing volume of unstructured data, enabling senior management to make strategic decisions. Meanwhile, analytics and real-time business intelligence are the most prominent BI tools that are gaining increased attention from Italian enterprises.
- Understand how the Italian enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Italian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Italian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, business intelligence, enterprise applications, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Italian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Italian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology