"ICT Investment Trends in France", presents the findings from a survey of 120 French enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how French enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in France. Through the author's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in France.
Despite the recent political turmoil, France has been performing fairly well in terms of reducing unemployment rate, increasing FDI inflows, and improving trade imbalances.
Furthermore, French economy represents approximately 15% of European GDP and its government is continuously putting major emphasis on digital transformation through its “Digital Republic” bill, passed in 2016.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions French enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- French enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services
- Factors that are influencing French enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How French enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- French enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into French enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that French enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing French enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
- The growing need for data storage, stringent network operation requirements, and popularity of cloud services are triggering investments in data centers, a trend that is set to continue in the coming years in France.
- The new French government has implemented numerous structural reforms that has put the country’s economy in a strong position to witness sustained growth in 2017, thus providing a positive outlook for ICT investments.
- The ICT expenditure in France is driven by investments in advanced technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing as well as spending on enterprise applications and business intelligence. Therefore, IT vendors offering products and services in these domains clearly have high growth opportunities in this market.
- Understand how the French enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by French enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of French enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, security products, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing French enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that French enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Key implications for ICT vendors
ICT budget changes
ICT budget allocation by core technology area
Hardware budget breakdown
Software budget breakdown
Third party IT services expenditure
Cloud computing budget
ICT budget allocation by function
Outsourced IT functions
ICT investment priorities and vendor satisfaction
Internet of Things (IoT)
Business objectives influencing IT investment strategy
ICT provider selection
Key decision makers for purchasing technology