"Spending on network orchestration and management products and services will grow to USD11.6 billion in 2021 propelled by NFV/SDN orchestration and control."
Traditional network management systems (NMS) spending growth has slowed to a CAGR of 1.5% (2016–2021), sustained by CSPs' investments in fixed networks, new IoT/M2M networks, and element management systems (EMS) used to manage VNFs. Network orchestration and software-defined network (SDN) control spending will grow quickly to surpass USD1 billion by 2019; with VIM growing to about half that figure in 2019.
THIS FORECAST REPORT PROVIDES:
a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the network orchestration and management software systems market, split into:
- traditional NMS sub-segments: consumer mobile, consumer fixed, business mobile, and business fixed
- virtual next-generation NMS (vNGN-NMS) network management and orchestration (NOM) sub-segments: network orchestration (NO), SDN controllers (SDN-C) and virtual infrastructure management (VIM)
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE).
an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the network orchestration and management software systems market
a detailed market definition
recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS REPORT
- What are the key trends and factors that will affect the network orchestration and management systems market during 2017–2021?
- What are the growth rates in each of the sub-segments?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- What should vendors do to exploit new business opportunities?
- How will professional services for network management and orchestration perform during the forecast period?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will influence CSP spending on network management and orchestration?
WHO NEEDS TO READ THIS REPORT
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand how spending is shifting from single-vendor network equipment provider (NEP) NMS/element management systems (EMS) to multi-vendor management and orchestration systems.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for growth.
- CSPs that are planning network function virtualisation (NFV)/software defined networking (SDN) and digital transformation journeys and want to ensure they remain up to date.
- Professional services vendors that want to understand the growth opportunities over the next 5 years.