Phthalic Anhydride, a white crystalline compound, is used for the large-scale production of plasticizers, dyes, resins, insecticides, amongst other derivatives. The derivatives of anhydride are largely used in construction, automotive, plastics, electrical & electronics and various other industries.
The growing demand for plasticizers, in Asia-Pacific, and the developing construction and remodeling markets are driving the global market for flat glass. However, the market growth is affected by the harmful and toxic effects of phthalates.
In the report, the global phthalic anhydride market is segmented into application and geography. Based on the application, plasticizers accounted for the largest market segment for phthalic anhydride, with a market share of around 50%, in 2016. The growing demand for plastics, primarily PVC, is expected to drive the market for plasticizers by 2022. The market, on the basis of geography, is segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and the Middle-East & Africa. In 2016, Asia-Pacific was the leading consumer of phthalic anhydride market, accounting for more than XX% of the global phthalic anhydride market. The increasing production capacity of phthalic anhydride and the use of their derivatives in end-user industries has played a vital role in the increasing production and consumption of phthalic anhydride, in the Asia-Pacific region, primarily China.
Market Trends and Major Players
The capacity expansion for phthalic anhydride derivatives and expanding phthalic anhydride demand, due to the push in Indian infrastructure market, are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the global phthalic anhydride market. Major companies dominating this market, for its products, services, and continuous product development, include:
- BASF SE
- Asian Paints, Ltd
- Polynt SpA
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Market analysis for the global phthalic anhydride market, with global and region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies along with their market share
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global phthalic anhydride market on global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions, where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Feedstock Analysis
3.3.1 Global Capacity by Key Feedstock
3.4 Technological Snapshot
3.4.1 Production Process
3.4.2 Technology Licensing and Patent Analysis
3.5 Trade Analysis
3.6 Price Index
3.7 Supply Scenario
3.7.1 Capacity and Production Analysis
22.214.171.124 Top 10 Plants and locations (Installed Capacities)
3.8 Upcoming Projects & Capital Expenditure
3.9 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Plasticizers in Asia-Pacific
4.1.2 Growth in Construction and Remodeling Market
4.2.1 Harmful Effects of Phthalates Due to its Toxicity
4.3.1 Capacity Expansion for Phthalic Anhydride Derivatives
4.3.2 Expanding Phthalic Anhydride Demand Due to the push in Indian Infrastructure Market
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Alkyd Resins
5.1.3 Unsaturated Polyester Resins
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, Growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
9.1 BASF SE
9.2 Aekyung Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
9.3 Asian Paints Ltd.
9.4 C-Chem Co., Ltd.
9.5 Exxon Mobil Corporation
9.6 IG Petrochemicals Ltd.
9.7 Koppers Inc.
9.8 Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd.
9.9 Nan Ya Plastics Corp.
9.10 Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
9.11 Polynt SpA
9.12 Proviron Industries NV
9.13 Shandong Hongxin Chemicals Co., Ltd.
9.14 Stepan Company
9.15 Thirumalai Chemicals Ltd.
9.16 UPC Technology Corp
*List Not Exhaustive