- Chilean government supports GM-seed production for exports but not for domestic production and, thus posing an increased dependence on pesticides.
- A bill, allowing farmers to sow transgenic seeds for domestic use, has been languishing in the Congress since last one decade. If this bill gets passed, the Chilean crop protection chemicals market will be highly affected.
- The industry is witnessing a number of product launches. For instance, in 2017, Bayer presented its fungicide Agrocopper (copper sulfate pentahydrate) and fungicide seed treatment Scenic.
The factors, like GM crops not allowed for domestic consumption and increase in herbicide resistance, are expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, the increasing technological innovations in the crop-protection market, combined with various mergers and acquisitions, are anticipated to augment the market size. However, excessive government regulationsand food safety issues, coupled with environmental degradation concerns, are the market few restraints.
Based on the application type, the market is been segmented into crop-based and non-crop based. The market, based on the product type, is categorized into insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and ‘others’ that include synthetic pesticides and biopesticides. In 2017, the Chilean insecticide market is expected to reach USD 210 million. The increasing consumption rate of organophosphates, carbamates, and pyrethroids is driving the share of insecticides segment in the Chilean crop protection market. As of August 2017, around 1218 crop protection (both, synthetic and bio-based) products have been authorized to be used in Chile. Out of the total authorized products, about 30.45% are being locally manufactured and the rest imported from countries, such as, the United States, India, Israel, Japan, and a significant portion from China.
Major Companies in the Market Include:
- Adama Chile S.A.
- Anasac Chile S.A
- BASF Chile S.A
- Bayer S.A.
- Cheminova S.A.
- On July 10, 2017, the Chilean government has cancelled 17 crop-protection chemicals. Companies, like Syngenta, DuPont Chile, and BASF Chile, were the manufacturers of these chemicals.
- In July 2017, Gowan Crop Protection Limited (GCP), an affiliate of Gowan Company, L.L.C., acquired Agrotechnology S.A. in Chile.
- Various companies have been expanding their business in Latin America, especially in Chile. For Instance, Sumitomo launched its crop protection distribution holding company in 2015.
- Market analysis, with region specific assessments and competition analysis including market share analysis.
- Market overview and identification, and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Chile crop protection chemicals market and instrumental in changing the market scenario on a regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and financial information and strategies adopted to sustain and grow in the studied market
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Technological Innovation in Crop Protection Sector
3.1.2 Increasing Herbicide Resistance
3.1.3 Increasing Number of Mergers and Acquisitions
3.1.4 Need of Increased Agricultural Productivity
3.1.5 Increased Adoption Rate of GM technology
3.1.6 Decreasing Arable Land
3.2.1 Environmental and Ecological Damages
3.2.2 Government Regulations on Agro-chemicals
3.2.3 Health Concerns
3.2.4 Food Safety Issues
4. Industry Analysis
4.1 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2 Explanation of Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5. Regional Analysis
5.1 Pestle Analysis
5.2 Government Regulations & Policies
5.3 Trade Scenario & Regulations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Application
22.214.171.124 Grains & Cereals
126.96.36.199 Oilseeds & pulses
188.8.131.52 Fruits & Vegetables
184.108.40.206 Turf and Ornmentals Grass
6.2 By Product Group
220.127.116.11 Synthetic Insecticides
18.104.22.168 Bio-based Insecticides
22.214.171.124 Synthetic Herbicides
126.96.36.199 Bio-based Herbicides
188.8.131.52 Synthetic Fungicides
184.108.40.206 Bio-based Fungicides
7. List of Pesticides
7.1 Authorized Pesticides
7.2 Restricted Pesticides
7.3 Prohibited Pesticides
7.4 Pesticides Cancelled
8. Competative landscape
8.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8.2 Most Active Companies in the Last Five Years
8.3 Market Share Analysis
9. Company profiles
9.1 Adama Chile S.A.
9.2 Anasac Chile S.A
9.3 BASF Chile S.A
9.4 Bayer S.A.
9.5 Cheminova S.A.
9.6 Dow Agrosciences Chile S.A.
9.7 DuPont Chile S.A.
9.8 Gowan Company LLC
9.9 Isagro S.p.A
9.10 Sumitomo Corporation (Chile) Limitada