High-end copper foils are a pure grade of copper foil, which possess superior conductive properties, in addition to being light weight. These high-performance materials are finding increasing applications in the electronics industry, especially in the production of printed circuit boards.
The global high-end copper foil market is primarily driven by factors such as growing applications as a printed circuit board (PCB) material, coupled with growing importance of flexible electronics. PCB forms a major application segment of these materials, where they are extensively used for high-density patterning and miniaturization of electronic circuits. Its carrier foil makes it easy to handle and prevent ultra-thin foils from being scratched.
The market is segmented by type and by application. By type, the market has been segmented into rolled copper foil and electrodeposited copper foil. By application, the market has been segmented into circuit boards, batteries, solar & alternative energy, appliances, medical, and others.
The market has been segmented by geography into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific is currently the leading consumer as well as producer of high-end copper foil, followed by North America & Europe. The production of copper in China has increased exponentially over the last two decades, providing ample raw material to manufacturers of copper foils. China is also the leading consumer of copper foils in this region, followed by Japan, South Korea and India. The United States is another important consumer of copper foils, with a majority of the demand coming from high-tech electronics in military, aerospace and defense sectors.
Moreover, factors such as new product development by companies and the expansion of application base for high-end copper foils is anticipated to offer major growth opportunities to global high-end copper foil market. Some of the major companies dominating the market are Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co. Ltd, JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation, Furukawa, Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Holdings Co. Ltd and United Copper Foils (Huizhou) Ltd, among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global High-End Copper Foil market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global scale
- Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and prospective opportunities
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Application as a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Material
4.1.2 Other Drivers
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Rolled Copper Foil
5.1.2 Electrodeposited (ED) Copper Foil
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Circuit Boards
5.2.3 Solar and Alternative Energy
6. Regional Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2. North America
6.2.1 United States of America
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4. South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5. Middle East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, SWOT and Recent Developments)
8.1 Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd.
8.3 JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
8.4 Fukuda Metal Foil & Powder Co. Ltd.
8.5 United Copper Foils (Huizhou) Ltd.
8.6 Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Holdings Co. Ltd.
8.7 Chang Chun Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
8.8 Kingboard Copper Foil Ltd.
8.9 Targray Technology International Inc.
8.10 Krishna Copper Private Limited
(*List not exhaustive)
** Subject to Feasibility & Availability on Public Domain
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co. Ltd
- Jx Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
- Fukuda Metal Foil & Powder Co. Ltd.
- United Copper Foils (Huizhou) Ltd.
- Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group Holdings Co. Ltd
- Chang Chun Petrochemical Co. Ltd.