Flat glasses are glasses produced in a flat form irrespective of the manufacturing process used. These type of glass is mainly used in the end user industries like automotive and construction industry, with 90-95% of it being manufactured using float process while the rest is produced either through sheet process or plate process.
Factors like increasing urbanization, the rise in real estate sector and product innovation in terms of characteristics are some of the factors driving the growth of the market. On the other hand, an increase in raw material prices is the challenge being faced by the industry. 25% of the total flat glass production is made using low-quality float process. But, utilization of low-quality flat glass is declining with increasing market awareness by big players.
The global flat glass market has been broadly segmented by verticals into the automotive industry, construction industry, solar energy industry and others. In 2016, construction industry held the major share of the global flat glass market owing to rebounding real estate sector and increasing demand for innovative products coming in from different regions.
Growing solar energy market due to increasing dependence on the renewable energy sources along with the subsidies available on the energy storage is anticipated to propel the growth of the market thus accelerating the glass demand in the global market.
The market has also been geographically segmented by regions as North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others) and Middle East and Africa (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and others).
Asia-Pacific leads the flat glass market, with China alone accounting for approximately one-third of the global market. The other major markets for flat glass are North America and Europe. Factors like urbanization, the rise in real estate sector especially in emerging countries like India, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and others are driving the market.
The industry is highly consolidated with top 4 players having to constitute more than half the global market. Dynamic shifts in the standards of the products, like light weighting, non-fragile is making the Flat Glass manufacturers to practice latest technological innovations.
Some of the players mentioned in the report are Saint Gobain, Schott Glass, Sisecam, Euroglass, NSG and Asahi glass.
- Rapid urbanization
- Growing electronic display demand
- Increase in raw material prices
- Market analysis for the global flat glass market with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the flat glass market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Sizing Units
1.4 Base Currency
1.5 Review and Forecast Period Years
1.6 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Econometric Forecast Model
2.4 Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat From New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat From Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
4.4 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
5.2.1 Rapid Urbanization
5.2.2 Growing Electronic Display Demand
5.3.1 Increase in Raw Material Prices
5.4.1 Construction Industry
6. Flat Glass Market Segmentation, Forecasts and Trends - by Volume, by Revenue
6.1 By Vertical
6.1.1 Automotive Industry
6.1.2 Construction Industry
6.1.3 Solar Energy Industry
6.2 By Region
6.2.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
7. Global Vendor Market Share Analysis
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Saint Gobain
8.3 Schott Glass
8.9 Cardinal Glass Industries
8.11 Hebei Tong Yong Glass Industry Co. Ltd.
8.12 Asahi glass
8.13 Hebei Xingtai Jinniu Glass Co. Ltd.
9. Investment Analysis
9.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Investment Scenario and Opportunities
10. Future of Flat Glass Market