Fiber cement has gained widespread utilization, as there was a need for substitute for asbestos cement. The asbestos cement used initially was associated with severe health hazards causing cancer to the consumers. The ban on the usage of asbestos by the government, catalyzed the demand for fiber cement products. Fiber cement is a material that is fully versatile, modular, and lightweight, and as resistant as cement. It is the perfect combination to guarantee safe and quality work. It provides resistance to impacts, moisture, plagues, and fungi. Moreover, it is non-combustible and has high durability. The major driver for the fiber cement market growth is the increase in construction activities and industrialization, in developing countries like China and India; and growing residential sector augmented by the lenient government rules in pricing of materials. Fiber cement sliding has the major percentage of application in this area; low maintenance cost and non-degradable nature, drives their usage. Fiber cement is a valuable substitute for wood and vinyl siding, in the new construction, repair and remodel, and multifamily segments.
Areas with Scope for Fiber Cement:
Asia-Pacific accounts for the highest production of fiber cement in the world because of rapid industrialization and construction activities in East Asia. China experienced its own industrial revolution, after moving toward a mixed economy and away from heavy central planning. Developed European and North American economies are almost similar in production of fiber cement but gained momentum in the fiber cement production, owing to new government rules related to environment safety.
Notable Developments in the Market
- On Jun 8, 2017, James Hardie Building Products, together with Alabama Governor Kay Ivey, announced the company’s plans to open a new fiber-cement building products manufacturing plant in Prattville, Alabama.
- On Apr 3, 2017, Cembrit launched two new brand products: Cembrit Plank and Cembrit Panel - in selected European Markets, in response to an increased market demand for more options in fibre cement facades with wood texture.
- Will the increasing industrialization aid in the growth of the fiber cement market?
- Know about: the latest regulations & policies of fiber cement market.
- Analyzing various market perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Which regions will witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
The Siam Fibre-Cement Company Limited
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Technological Snapshot
3.3.1 Production Process
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Urbanization in Developing Countries
4.1.2 Governments' Improved Lending Conditions for Increasing Industrialization
4.1.3 Duarability and Low Maintenance Cost Increasing Demand from Residential Sector
4.1.4 Decrease in Usage of Asbestos
4.2.1 Lack of Skilled Workers
4.2.2 Threat of Substitutes like Wood and Vinyl Siding
4.2.3 Not Preferred in House Renting Business
4.3.1 Advancing Emerging Markets
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Application
5.1.3 Molding & Triming
5.2 By Raw Materials Market
5.2.1 Portland Cement
5.2.3 Cellulosic Fiber
6. Regional Market Analysis - (Market size, Growth, and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.7 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles
9.1 James Hardie Industries
9.2 Cembrit Holding
9.3 Plycem Corporation
9.4 Nichiha Corporation
9.5 The Siam Fibre-Cement Company Limited
9.6 CSR Limited
9.7 Toray Industries Inc.
9.8 Etex Group
9.9 Building Materials Corporation of America
*(List Not Exhaustive)