The increasing air passenger traffic, driven by the economic development in various countries, has boosted the piston engine market. The trend of piston engine aircraft in the global market is accelerating the demand for fuel-efficient aircraft. These demands are expected to boost the introduction of more budget air carriers among companies, thus accelerating the market growth in the future. Moreover, the sales of piston aircraft are expected to witness a significant boost from the emerging markets, where improving infrastructure will enable people to buy piston engine aircraft.
North America and Europe have the largest number of individual users, due to the presence of infrastructure required for such airplanes. Such small aircraft use small airfields; such airfields are present outside the North America and Europe. Hence, this factor greatly decelerates the demand for piston engine aircraft. India and China are expected to be the greatest contributors to the market in future. In India, particularly, there are extremely few flying general aviation aircraft, due to the extremely strict regulatory environment. However, the demand for aircraft, with the developing infrastructure, is accelerating in the country. Asia-Pacific currently holds just 12% of the piston engine aircraft market, however, is expected to contribute significantly to the market by 2023. The Middle East & Africa is also expected to witness impressive growth rates and reach double-digit market share in the future.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2017: Cirrus Aircraft launched G6, the sixth generation of its SR range of single-piston aircrafts with more advanced flight deck and new wingtip lighting to compete unique among aircraft upgraders.
- August 2017: Textron Aviation’s Cessna plant and Beechcraft plant noticed an increase of 5% from second quarter (Q2) 2016 shipments of piston engine aircrafts, which accounted for 265 piston airplane shipments in the same period of 2017.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the piston engine aircraft market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the piston engine type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in excel).
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Monetary Incentive For Piston Engine Aircraft
5.2.1. Low Weight Limit On Sports Aircrafts
5.2.2. Increased Involvement Of Law Enforcement Agencies In Air Recreational Activities
5.3.1. Demand for Improved Aircraft Components
6. Global Piston Engine Aircraft Market Segmentation, By Engine Type
6.1. Single Engine
6.2. Multi Engine
7. Global Piston Engine Aircraft Market Segmentation, By MTOW
7.1. Less than 2000 kg
7.2. 1000-2000 kg
7.3. 2000 kg
8. Global Piston Engine Aircraft Market Segmentation, By Geography
8.1. North America
8.4. Rest of the World
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Textron Aviation
10.2. Champion Aeropsace
10.3. Cirrcus Aircraft
10.4. Hartzell Propeller
10.5. Diamond Aircraft
10.6. Flight Design
10.7. Mahindra Aerospace
10.8. Piper Aircraft
10.9. Tecnam Aircraft
10.10. WACO Classic Aircraft
11. Future of the Market