Enzymes are complex proteins that help in the catalysis of a biochemical reaction. Industrial enzymes, apart from accelerating biochemical reactions, help in reducing energy consumption, thereby saving energy costs for the respective industries. They are used in various applications, with major ones being cosmetics, textiles, food processing, pulp & paper and biofuel production. Major enzyme products used in the industry are carbohydrases, proteases and lipases. This forms the basis for market segmentation into applications and product types.
Rapid rise of population, coupled with urbanization, is boosting the demand for processed food in the United States, thereby driving the market during the forecast period. In recent years, there has been a significant rise in the number of stringent norms being introduced to curb the use of chemicals in the United States. This is likely to affect the industrial enzymes market directly by boosting the demand for the replacement of the existing chemicals with industrial enzymes. However, regulation disparities across various regions in the country are affecting the stability in the final price of products and is likely to restrain the growth of the market to some effect.
Consumers in the United States are gradually leaning toward nutraceutical ingredients, owing to the increasing awareness regarding the ill-effects of improper diet. This preference offers a lucrative scope for market growth during the forecast period. With recent developments in environment-friendly technologies, proteases are expected to have potential applications in the treatment of leather and various bio-medical applications, as the leather industry recently developed prospective applications of alkaline proteases in leather processing.
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MARKET
- In Jan 2016, Dyadic International announced the closing of the previously announced sale of substantially all of the assets of its Industrial Technology business to DuPont’s Industrial Biosciences business for USD 75 million, in cash.
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
- Analyzing various market perspectives with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Which application of industrial enzymes will dominate the market?
- Which market segment will register the fastest growth rate?
- Which of the regions or countries will record the fastest growth rates? Which regions are still untapped during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
BioResource International, Inc
Buckman Laboratories International, Inc
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s 5 Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Technological Snapshot
3.3.1 Production Process
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Diversity in Enzyme Application and Niche Products
4.1.2 Increase in Demand from Food & Beverage Industry
4.1.3 Stringent Environmental Norms Curbing the Use of Chemicals
4.2.1 Restricted Temperature and pH Levels of Enzymes
4.2.2 Various regulatory constraints for different markets
4.2.3 Competition for Raw Materials with Other Industries and Price Volatality
4.3.1 Growing Demand for Natural and Nutraceutical Ingredients
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis- (Market size, Growth and forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food Processing
22.214.171.124 Dairy Applications
126.96.36.199 Bakery Applications
188.8.131.52 Brewery Applications
5.2.3 Waste Water Treatment
5.2.4 Detergents and Cleaners
5.2.7 Leather Processing
5.2.9 Animal Feed
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
7.1 AB Enzymes
7.2 Advanced Enzymes
7.4 BioResource International, Inc.
7.5 Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
7.6 Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
7.9 E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
7.10 Dyadic International, Inc.
7.11 Hayashibara Co., Ltd.
7.12 KDN Continent Biotech Group
7.13 Lesaffre SA
7.14 Maps Enzymes Ltd
7.15 Novozymes A/S
7.16 Novus International Inc
(*List not exhaustive)